New Sword Training in West L.A.

P

Peter Steeves

Saturday Oct 23rd we're having our second class of sword-only training.

While normal training for us consists of unarmed as well as sword, this group meets for the purpose of specifically training on sword technique in the context of historical combative application.

Each month we will examine some basics as well as a particular theme. Ex:sword vs sword, sword vs long weapon, muto from various ryuha, etc...

If you'd like to check it out, the first 30 minutes are free, if you'd like to continue after that, it's only $25. If not, no problem - thanks for coming and trying out our training.

The instructor lived and trained in Japan under Manaka Unsui - head of the Jinenkan. He has only recently returned to the USA and opened a school in West Los Angeles.

We are near the 405 Fwy and Olympic Blvd
Address: 2130 Sawtelle Blvd, LA, CA 90025

thank you,

OP
P

Peter Steeves

Wow - of all coincidences . . . I just happen to log on here today, and there was activity on this old post of mine!

Actually, it turns out that sword training serves enough obvious benefit to practitioners of our martial art that we are now training in sword-only classes 7 days each week!

So, it is going very well. Lots of people are getting training that I didn't even know they wanted. And best of all, they are making excellent progress.

Thank you,

OP
J

jonbutcheraxis

Hello,
Am new to the forum and interested in your sword class. Is there a web URL to get more specific info on styles taught, training programs, schedules etc?
Thanks in advance,
Jon

OP
J

jonbutcheraxis

"Is there a web URL to get more specific info on styles taught, training programs, schedules etc? "

Found it !

Latest Discussions