New music from my band - Synystry

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My band, Synystry, recently finished recording for our debut EP, Madness We Enjoy, which we'll be releasing independently. The tracks are available on our MySpace page. We should be selling CDs as well as online tracks fairly soon.

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The tracks sound great. Just one question, why does the audio sound so scratchy at the beginning of Violent Waltz?

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The tracks sound great. Just one question, why does the audio sound so scratchy at the beginning of Violent Waltz?
That's an excellent question, Kreth. I'm glad you asked. The first 50 seconds or so of Violent Waltz are actually a separate instrumental track on the CD called Prelude to Violence. MySpace only allows you to post 4 tracks at once, so I edited the instrumental onto the beginning of Violent Waltz.
The clean guitar at the beginning of Prelude to Violence has a pseudo-jazz sound, so we had the idea in the studio to make it sound like an old jazz record. The recording engineer sampled an old, scratched up LP (anyone remember those?) and added it during the mixdown. So, we got the characteristic hiss and pops of an old record being played.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey Kreth,

You're only allowed one account on MartialTalk. What's it going to be bro? Kreth? Or...Kreth? :lfao:

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Can we keep it on topic please? I'm trying to answer questions about my band's music...

:uhyeah:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh arrrite.... :lol2:

Seriously though...I was curious...what inspired you to write the War Song? When I was listening to it I was wondering if there was a deeper story behind it.

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh arrrite.... :lol2:

Seriously though...I was curious...what inspired you to write the War Song? When I was listening to it I was wondering if there was a deeper story behind it.
Well, a combination of things, really. I knew several guys in the Marines who were real gung ho until it seemed like we'd actually get sent in somewhere. Hence the progression of the song, where the men are all fired up at the beginning, and realize they're completely ****ed at the end. Add stories from friends who've been in combat, a lot of reading, and classic songs like The Trooper. Blend well, serve.
The very first idea I had for the lyrics actually came from the old military saying (paraphrased) that "no battle plan survives first contact."

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth, I tried to choose the download option as I'm on Dinosaur Dial-up, but don't seem to have that option - do I need to be logged in?

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth, I tried to choose the download option as I'm on Dinosaur Dial-up, but don't seem to have that option - do I need to be logged in?
No, sorry. We disabled downloading until we get our music store set up. The only way you can listen is streaming.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh drat. Guess I'll have to wait to add "Fear" to the "Heavy Bag Work" playlist on my iPod. :lol2:

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh drat. Guess I'll have to wait to add "Fear" to the "Heavy Bag Work" playlist on my iPod. :lol2:
That song rocks. My guitarist just started playing that whammy divebomb at the end with a flanger, and it sounds even cooler.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth this is great workout music and I'm so glad you did'nt use a echo chamber effect love the rawness of the sound, bring back the acid and hard rock of the late sixties and seventies.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The war song sounds like Metalica a little was they part of your decission to be a rock and roller?

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth this is great workout music and I'm so glad you did'nt use a echo chamber effect love the rawness of the sound, bring back the acid and hard rock of the late sixties and seventies.
I hate overly processed vocals. I try only to use vocal effects to provide accents to the music.

The war song sounds like Metalica a little was they part of your decission to be a rock and roller?
Well, I have been listening to Metallica since about '86, so I definitely would have to call them an influence. For the most part, I'm not a screamer like Dickinson of Iron Maiden or Rob Halford. My vocal range is much closer to Hetfield's (Metallica).

I'm no metal Fan, but I listened to every song and I didn't hate it.:)
Sean
That's cool. Thanks for the comment.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth I really enjoyed it when will it ready for downloads and of course I will pay for it.

OP
Kreth

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kreth I really enjoyed it when will it ready for downloads and of course I will pay for it.
Hopefully, soon. We're in the process of getting the DBA set up for our production company (Dirty Video Music), and then we'll get registered with BMI and start selling...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It sounds like you guys are having a helluva good time playing. I hope you find a bass player soon though. Been there....it sucks.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hopefully, soon. We're in the process of getting the DBA set up for our production company (Dirty Video Music), and then we'll get registered with BMI and start selling...

Great let me know

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Kreth,
icon14.gif
I like it!
icon6.gif

Latest Discussions