New Kaju guy in North Bay Area Cali

H

hated

WhatÂ’s up ladies and gents! IÂ’m new around here so let me introduce myself. My name is Terence, and most call me Nino; IÂ’m 25 years old, and live and train in Vallejo, California, and work in Concord California. I'm new to Kajukenbo, and don't have access to the cafe at work, and no computer at home. I recently started training in Vallejo, with Sigung Woody J. Sims, and it's great, but I want to progress much faster. Sigung is a great guy, like another father, but I can't afford private lessons right now, and want to accelerate to at least blue belt level ASAP without cutting corners. I grew up watching Bobby Wilson train, and his son Robert, is one of my best friends and like a brother to me. Rob has been in and out of the Art since childhood, and I want to close the gab in talent between the two of us. Sibling rivalry for the most part, I guess, but it's my motivation to excel. I took Maui Thai for 3 years when I was16, and have played so many sports itÂ’s funny, with track and football at the collegiate level. I have excellent hand eye coordination, and just trying to find someone willing to take me under their wing, to help me close the gab with my Boy. IÂ’m not interested in the politics associated with the art, just the art it self. Thanks in advance.

-Nino

OP
T

triwahine

Welcome to Kajuekenbo. The only thing I can say is you don't want to accelerate too quickly. There is so much to learn and become proficient in. Patience is a virtue. Work as hard and as much as you want, but believe me you will want to progress at a steady pace: not too fast, not too slow.

The higher in rank you are, the more you realize the less you actually know. I've trained and trained and trained. Today, I feel good about what I can do, but wish that I was a lower rank and working more toward perfection. Something I should have done earlier.

Just like when we take tests in school, if you cram, you forget. Practice, practice, practice.

:asian: