new here

shudokan-RN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to martial arts, I study Shudokan Karate in Olympia Washington.
My son who is 9 has been studying Karate since June,(Myself since October). we are both yellow belts, and have found a great school . South Sound Karate is owned by Sensei Ken Nolan. He was taught by Shihan Morris Mack / Walter Todd.
Sensei Nolan teaches all classes,except the Little Dragons Sempai Eryn who is a 1st degree black belt teaches them.

I love Kata, being an older Karate novice, sparring really holds no interest at this time. (I will be 45 in May).

If any one is ever in the Olympia Washington area, give a shout and check out our Phenominal school

Marci:highfive:

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. I know someone from Washington State and they said there are alot of traditional Japanese schools? Do you find this to be correct?

TaeKwonDoKevin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new to martial arts, I study Shudokan Karate in Olympia Washington.
My son who is 9 has been studying Karate since June,(Myself since October). we are both yellow belts, and have found a great school . South Sound Karate is owned by Sensei Ken Nolan. He was taught by Shihan Morris Mack / Walter Todd.
Sensei Nolan teaches all classes,except the Little Dragons Sempai Eryn who is a 1st degree black belt teaches them.

I love Kata, being an older Karate novice, sparring really holds no interest at this time. (I will be 45 in May).

If any one is ever in the Olympia Washington area, give a shout and check out our Phenominal school

Marci:highfive:

Hi Marci, WELCOME
I'm new here also! I studied ShudoKan 27years ago for a few years, earned my Brown Belt. I'm a TaeKwonDo guy myself. Anyway, I did enjoy ShudoKan.
-Kevin

OP
shudokan-RN

shudokan-RN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome. I know someone from Washington State and they said there are alot of traditional Japanese schools? Do you find this to be correct?

Welcome also !
being so new to the art, I could not speculate. there are however quite a few schools in the area started by senior students of Shihan Morris Mack of Yakima school of Karate .

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

OP
shudokan-RN

shudokan-RN

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks I'd love a cup of coffee, I just made some bread pudding, want some?

Marci

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Always great to have some of you younger folk join the forum!

I was going to say that its GREAT to have someone over 40 join us...We need more...Helps me not feel too old..I'm 54...

Latest Discussions