Neighborhood Dispute

TimoS

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just received this from a friend of mine:

This is a true story, it happened in Utah and was on the news!

I thought each of you could use a little comic relief
today. Here's the story. A city councilman, Mark Easton, lives in this
neighborhood He had a beautiful view of the east mountains, until a new neighbor purchased the lot below his house and built.

Apparently, the new home was 18 inches higher than the ordi nances would allow, so Mark Easton, mad about his lost view, went to the city to make sure they enforced the lower roof line ordinance.

Mark and his new neighbor had some great arguments about this as you can imagine - not great feelings. The new neighbor had to drop the roof line - no doubt at great expense.

Recently, Mark Easton called the city and informed them that his new neighbor had installed some vents on the side of his home.

Mark didn't like the look of these vents and asked the city to investigate.

When they went to Mark's home to see the vent view, this is what they found... (see attached pictures).

Attachments

• $image001.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 122
  • $image002.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 122

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is great! I love it! :)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
That is too funny. Kind of riding the line here though, the first guy had a valid complaint if the new house did not meet zoning restrictions. There is a 1.5 Million dollar house sitting on the beach in Ludington, Michigan that has never had the final inspection cleared because the owner had it built 7 feet higher than zoning would allow. Even after the builder, inspectors, and zoning board told him it was too tall to pass final inspection before anybody could move into it. I guess he thought he would just out sue the township and get his "dream" house, he was wrong. It has sat empty for almost 4 years now.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Funny. So, was there any action after that taken?

Ayup. The snopes link has the details. The pattern was taken down, and there is a 3 week old video clip whose title suggests that the matter may end up in court. Didn't catch the video though.

Funny as hell though...

Latest Discussions