Need to Wear TKD Shoes, Slowing Movement

Rumy73

Black Belt
Reaction score
I need your helpful suggestions, friends. I have to wear TKD shoes for medical reasons. However, where I work out the dojang has padded floors - more like wrestling mats than tournament type mats. While they are good for breaking a person's fall, they are slowing me down significantly. Spin kicks and turning type kicks are almost a no-go in sparring practice. Any types are appreciated.

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Have same issues on padded floors.
Have no solution for you.
You may need to be inventive. Sand soles smooth. Paint them with some sort of smooth laquer.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you bowl you had heard of slide right for the bottom of bowling shoe's, it makes them slide if they get wet. Just buy a bag and wipe on the ball of the shoes and you will have no more problems be careful and do not put to much. I use it for my Adidas TKD shoes.

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you bowl you had heard of slide right for the bottom of bowling shoe's, it makes them slide if they get wet. Just buy a bag and wipe on the ball of the shoes and you will have no more problems be careful and do not put to much. I use it for my Adidas TKD shoes.

Does slide right leave a residue on the mat? That would be an issue for me.

OP
R

Rumy73

Black Belt
Reaction score

Thanks! I actually found some adhesives which have a smooth surface that bowlers use. I stuck them on the bottom of a pair of TKD shoes. It seems to work well. The company is called Master.

Latest Discussions