Need help with a few demo ideas

nuhash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
For a demo i am organising with friends, i was thinking of using dust or sand to create trail effects when we do kicks, I have seen it be done in parkour and i was wondering if anyone here had encountered anything like this before and if so could you explain how i should go to try and do this?

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I have seen similar done before with lights dimmed a little and with glowstix bangles clipped to the ankles and wrists.

OP
N

nuhash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was thinking of that as well but i want the trail and person to be seen so it can create a stronger perception of the power and speed

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
For a demo i am organising with friends, i was thinking of using dust or sand to create trail effects when we do kicks, I have seen it be done in parkour and i was wondering if anyone here had encountered anything like this before and if so could you explain how i should go to try and do this?
Why not glitter? Once I saw a TKD demo where a guy gets kicked in the groin and two ping pong balls hit the floor. It was good for a laugh.
Sean

OP
N

nuhash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Why not glitter? Once I saw a TKD demo where a guy gets kicked in the groin and two ping pong balls hit the floor. It was good for a laugh.
Sean
Thanks i think glitter might do it, and i am so saving that ping pong ball idea ;)

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hm... Personally, i think lighting will play a big role.

I cant find an example to link, unfortunately, so ill try to explain this as best i can.

If you darken out the area, then at a sideward, slightly inward tilted angle illuminate where the Demonstraters are going to be, so that if they face the audience, 3/4 of their body is illuminated, at a barely upward angle. This will emphasise their Power, whilst still having a clear representation of speed, due to the constant shadows on their uniforms, or rather their bare ability to see it.

Just a suggestion.

Latest Discussions