Names and definitions...

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
...but I'd make ya look like Urkel, Gou :D

Actually, I'm a hideous mutant freak. But that's another story...

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

I may have cracked a few lenses but have broke more hearts than boards. IPTP thingies are anywhere from $2000 to $200 depending on who you go with. with me 4 people can split cost of IPTP. People can get in for very little if in a group of four. Most operate that way. The good thing is it is so intense and also videod that you will literally get months and months worth of training from one. They are designed to people very good very quickly. It really is a new way to look at training

OP
G

GouRonin

Why is so damn expensive to make quality videos? You would think that with all the stuff out there it'd be cheap.
:confused:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The equipment is fairly expensive. When I lived in Tampa, the local cable system had 'public access' cable where you learn how to run the equipment and basically make your own program. I wonder if you could weasel studio and equipment time to record a semi-decent quality video?

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

I have several friends who made videos with Panther and TRS and they get all the rights yet the videos are done at no expense to you. Good PR bad business for you in other ways though. You can make one digitalnd mix it on your computer.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My instructor is basically filming himself with a Hi8 camera and making vid caps for the computer. I have a digital camcorder myself, but have no video capture hardware.

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

This is an area that I want to know much better. The person who built my computer said I had everything I needed to do it . Just needed a digital video camera. $$$$$$$:confused:

OP
G

GouRonin

The only technique movies I want to see out of you are "martial" arts ones... don't spell that wrong and end up shipping out "marital" arts movies!

:eek: :rofl:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jim,

If you do end up shopping for a digital video camera for use with your PC, I'd suggest:

1) Make sure your computer has an IEEE 1394 (Firewire) port

2) Make sure the camera has the same connector

This should make video transfer/capture much easier than a USB-based system.

Also, if you plan on doing a lot of video capture stuff on your computer, it'd be best to invest in another hard drive (internal or external) or some sort of removable storage.

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

Thanks for the info...Someday...It would be nice as I know someone who did it and it is very very good in terms of quality and sound. titles etc.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Have you checked with students or other instructors to see if they have this kind of experience? Heh. I have a friend in film school at USC, but I'm pretty sure he's into feature films and not martial arts technique videos :) I'm trying to convince him to let me be fight coordinator on any film he does ;)

If my instructor was still in the U.S.A.F., he could probably whip up lots of multimedia stuff, considering that's what he did while in the service.

OP
I

IFAJKD

Man...I was talking with Vu last night and he just continued to mention the same things....promote, promote, promote. In essence this is why I am interested in better quality (professional) videos. The ones I have done have great content but lack in quality. None the less I have gotten positive feedback on them. I have checked with some people. There is a guy doing an internship for media stuff and he could do it all as a project for his certification in this stuff (media stuff) Vu also stated he is looking to relocate and open a huge JKD academy. Sounds great to me. This would be a departure from how he teaches now

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tell him to open that academy in Brevard County, Florida!!! Better yet, South Brevard County! Even better, Palm Bay, Florida!!!

<uses Jedi mind trick>
You will open the JKD Academy in Palm Bay, FL. And these aren't the driods you're looking for.

:D

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

use my personal e-mail and send me demographics of the area. Include correctional facilities, Federal offices, municipal law enforcement any military bases and number and types of martial arts schools, growth rates for last 5 years and projections. If it looks good he will check it out He has asked a few of us to do this for him and assist with the development of it in this way. he reported to me that it was a two year program. What do ya think?????

OP
G

GouRonin

I think these arn't the droids you're looking for.
:shrug:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I printed out a mess o' demographics for the county. I have to extract the pertinent information from it, as it is rather long. If the decision to locate a school is based solely on demographics, I'm in deep doo-doo. We'll see.

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

He's looking at many places. Actually he doesn't have any particular place in mind.

OP
I

IFAJKD

send what you have. I can sort through it Thanks

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've still got to look up military installations and law enforcement stuff. The big installations are Cape Canaveral Air Station and Patrick AFB. Kennedy Space Center is here as well. I'll also point out proximity to the JKD instructor in Orlando.

Cthulhu

OP
I

IFAJKD

if he did go down there I may meet ya. I just called and asked him about Florida and the weather, humidity, storms etc. would be nice to know...Thanks I will make sure to give you the credit
J

Latest Discussions