Nail Gun Control?

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Man Dies After Being Shot 30 Times With Nail Gun
Fox News/News.co.au
Friday , April 24, 2009
Excerpt DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK if you don't want to see the X ray!

A shocking X-ray shows how a man died with up to 30 nails fired into his skull by a high-powered nail gun.

Sydney, Australia, homicide squad detectives have released the graphic image as they make a fresh appeal for information about Chen Liu's murder.

The decomposed body of the 27-year-old, also known as Anthony Liu, was found dumped in the Georges River last November, wrapped in a domestic rug.
End Excerpt
When Nail Guns are Outlawed, only outlaws will have nailguns.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I suspect whom ever did it had the poor soul tied down and made it toture.

People have killed people long before guns arived.

Ever know where the term amok or to run amok comes from?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_amok

"Although commonly used in a colloquial and less-violent sense, the phrase is particularly associated with a specific sociopathic culture-bound syndrome in Malaysian culture. In a typical case of running amok, a male who has shown no previous sign of anger or any inclination to violence will acquire a weapon and, in a sudden frenzy, will attempt to kill or seriously injure anyone he encounters. Amok episodes of this kind normally end with the attacker being killed by bystanders, or committing suicide."

They used the Kris as the weapon as well as any sword or knife.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kris

So you see, mass killings are nothing new. Been done before. Long before guns!

Deaf

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Perhaps...but only as far as the air hose will reach. ;)

Please, they make portable compressors.

No the Democrats are going to start yelling that the "Nail Gunshow Lophole" needs to be closed up.

Reaction score
I suspect whom ever did it had the poor soul tied down and made it toture.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought too when I saw it on the news. No way you shoot that many nails into someone when they're free. So the real villain here isn't nail guns, it's the restraints. Ban extension cables and to be safe all other restraints too; chains, tape, rope .... :rules:

Last edited:
OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The nail gun that killed the poor guy used a portable,disposable gas cartridge.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
From the series, The Wire. Creative uses for a .27 caliber powder-actuated nail gun. This character sent chills down my spine. Very strong language -- beware!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
From the series, The Wire. Creative uses for a .27 caliber powder-actuated nail gun. This character sent chills down my spine. Very strong language -- beware!

The powder-actuated ones are kinda fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anything can be a weapon...for better or worse. This does look like an attempt to send a message.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ugh. If I had to be executed, I'd rather take two-in-the-hat with a .45.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That x-ray makes your jaw drop. Wow, poor fellow. Hope they find the person responsible.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Questions:

Are nail guns that use cartridges (they look like .22 blanks but real short) considered firearms? Are they regulated? I see them in hardware stores quite often here in Texas.

Should there be a license to buy? Or carry? How about a nail gun a month law? And how many feet from a school do we prohibit them? What does a Assault Nail gun look like? And can convicted felons posess nail guns? Are any nail guns going to Mexico?

We must do something to stop this awuful 'Nail Gun Crime'. If only one life is saved, it will be worth it. So do it for the children!

Deaf

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
I used to work in that area of Sydney and it has a rather sizable Chinese population . My theory is that it is a get square by Chinese triad gangs , the guy probably ran up big gambling debts and couldn't pay them back .

The same sort of thing happened to a friend of mine years ago , a guy that would not hurt a fly . Except it was his brother in law that owed gambling debts to the triads , the brother in law skipped town .

Well when they couldn't locate the brother in law they paid off three huge pacific islanders to drop by my friends house to see if him or the guys sister knew where he was .

They answered a knock on the door late at night and my friend went out and they grabbed him and pinned him down on the ground , shouting at him to tell them where the brother in law was .

He didn't have a clue , the brother in law had just done a runner with out telling anybody . They didn't believe him so they held him down and poured acid down his throat in front of his missus and little girl.

With all the screaming going on the the three thugs thought they better make a get away before all the neighbours started to become alerted to the horror that was going on outside.

So they just left him for dead on his front lawn with the acid eating away at his insides , a kind gentle guy from Hong Kong , an accountant , a guy that never said a mean word about anybody , a bloke that just wanted to make a new life for his family in his adopted country of Australia .

He survived for a couple of days in hospital , putting up a valiant struggle but the level of damage internally was too great and he eventually succumbed to his injuries.

Justice finally caught up with the perpetrators and they are now serving lengthy prison terms , but the tragedy is that an innocent man died in a very horrific manner , a wife lost her husband and has to bring up a child on her own , and a little girl has to grow up with out a father .

All because some stupid dickhead had a gambling problem that was out of control and owed money to the wrong people . I'm not certain that the victim of the nail gun owed gambling debts to chinese triads but it certainly does bear the hall marks of that type of thing.

Latest Discussions