My Very Own Press Release( concerning my promotion Wed nite)

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
PRESS RELEASE
For Immediate Release
HQ Beverly Composite Squadron, Civil Air Patrol

Subject: xxxxxxx Man Earns Civil Air Patrol Promotion to 2d Lieutenant.
xxxxxxx Resident Andrew Moynihan of the Beverly Composite Squadron of the Civil Air Patrol completed the requirements for and was promoted to Second Lieutenant ( 2d Lt.) at the Beverly Composite Squadron’s annual awards dinner held in the function hall at the Ipswich VFW Post 1093 last Wednesday night.
2d Lt Andrew Moynihan has been a member of the Civil Air Patrol since July 2007. He is also a member of the Massachusetts State Guard. In the Civil Air Patrol 2d Lt Moynihan is training for duties as a member of a ground search team.
To earn this promotion 2d Lieutenant Moynihan had to complete classroom training in required Civil Air Patrol topics and earn the Membership Ribbon. He also had to serve as a Civil Air Patrol Senior Member for six months and be approved by the squadron commander for promotion.

Civil Air Patrol, the official U.S. Air Force Auxiliary, is a civilian, volunteer, nonprofit, service organization. The unpaid members perform more than 85 percent of inland search and rescue missions as tasked by the Air Force Rescue and Coordination Center.
Members also are trained in and provide disaster relief work and home land security tasks. The Civil Air Patrol maintains the largest private fleet of Cessna light aircraft in the world.
Volunteers also take a leading role in aerospace education and conduct one of America’s finest youth programs through CAP Cadet Programs.
Civil Air Patrol’s Cadet Programs is a structured program through group and individual activities that include aerospace education, physical training, leadership, and moral and ethical values for youth from 6th grade to age 20. The program encompasses 16 achievement levels that include study in these four areas. Upon completion of each achievement, the cadet earns increased cadet rank, decorations, awards, eligibility for national and international special activities, and an opportunity for flight and academic scholarships.
There are more than 800 Civil Air Patrol members in Massachusetts.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey, that's great! Good for you! I'm sure it's fun and I know it's helpful and important. People don't realize how much S&R and other work CAP does!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well done Andy! Thank you for your service!!
:partyon: :partyon: :partyon:

:highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations - and thanks so much for volunteering!

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congrats! Air Power! :)

I hope that being a 2LT doesn't suck as much for you as it did for me!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!! Very well done, I'm proud of my new nephew!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Excellent news, Andy. Many 'well dones' and here's a pint, my friend :tup:.