My Shifu on Xingyiquan Basic

XingyiMax

White Belt
Reaction score
This first video clip shows my shifu (sifu), Zheng Mingxing, explaining the basic of Xingyiquan on the points and details of Santishi and Piquan. This was filmed during his second visit to Sabah, Malaysia on May 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9riERyn7Un4

The second clip below was filmed in April 2006 during Zheng’s first visit to Sabah, Malaysia on April 2006.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX77Tzn1ugU

p.s. it's not bad for a 73 years young man, isn't it?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Thank You

I wish I could understand all he was saying.

It also makes me wish there was a good Xingyiquan Sifu in my area. My favorite style was and is Xingyiquan but the only Sifu I have that is what I consider high level in my area is Taijiquan and I train with him. I am not complaining about training with my taiji Sifu I just wish there was a good Xingyiquan Sifu here as well.

basically, I'm jealous

:D

OP
XingyiMax

XingyiMax

White Belt
Reaction score
Thank You

I wish I could understand all he was saying.

It also makes me wish there was a good Xingyiquan Sifu in my area. My favorite style was and is Xingyiquan but the only Sifu I have that is what I consider high level in my area is Taijiquan and I train with him. I am not complaining about training with my taiji Sifu I just wish there was a good Xingyiquan Sifu here as well.

basically, I'm jealous

:D

You don't have be jealous :D

My Shifu is quite far away from me, he is in china and I'm in Malaysia.

Eventhought he shares his art for free, I gotta to travel to China to see him or in the case of the above two video, I invited him to come over (I paid every single penny of his expenses, you don't expect a retired 70+ years old man to pay for the cost, do you?).

These cost a lot of $$$$$.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You don't have be jealous :D

My Shifu is quite far away from me, he is in china and I'm in Malaysia.

Eventhought he shares his art for free, I gotta to travel to China to see him or in the case of the above two video, I invited him to come over (I paid every single penny of his expenses, you don't expect a retired 70+ years old man to pay for the cost, do you?).

These cost a lot of $$$$$.

I have thought about that myself but in Beijing. I have found a couple of people I wouldn't mind training with but I an not exactly sure if what will amount to 1 or 2 weeks every year, at best, more like every other year would be worth it. As for bringing them here, I know it is expensive. I have some friends who bring Chen Zhenglei here every year.

OP
XingyiMax

XingyiMax

White Belt
Reaction score
Althought the living expenses of China is getting higher day by day, it is still cheap for most people to travel to China. In my case, there is no different for me to go to China alone or to bring my shifu to my place.

If you have a group of mates who are willing to share the expenses, it is much cheaper to bring a person to your place, instead of going to China in a group.

Both my shifu and my taijiquan teacher have students live outside their area, some are a few hunderds KM away. These students travel to learn weekly, fortnightly, monthly or even half yearly. Good teachers are hard to find even in China.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Althought the living expenses of China is getting higher day by day, it is still cheap for most people to travel to China. In my case, there is no different for me to go to China alone or to bring my shifu to my place.

If you have a group of mates who are willing to share the expenses, it is much cheaper to bring a person to your place, instead of going to China in a group.

Both my shifu and my taijiquan teacher have students live outside their area, some are a few hunderds KM away. These students travel to learn weekly, fortnightly, monthly or even half yearly.

I have family in Beijing so when I go it is for a visit and it won't be for more that 2 weeks a year.... My job won't let me go longer… And I am flying form the US so it is a 15 hour flight if I go non-stop and 21 hours if I go the cheaper but still expensive route

Good teachers are hard to find even in China.

Yup, that's why for Xingyiquan, of all that are in Beijing teaching I found only 2. Actually there is a 3rd, I meant him briefly but I have no way of finding him now

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Nice! I especially like the demonstration of Pi Quan. Thanks for posting

Latest Discussions