My Kuntao is seen on Cannel 8, Connecticut Life Styles...

Ron Kosakowski

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Before I show you this I want to wish you a very happy 2011. I have a good feeling this is going to be a great year for all of us.

I got a chance to get on a TV news program showing some self defense stuff I show women and of course the men also. The show was for what to do for women really. The stuff I am teaching here is an abridged version taugh more in a technique format. Obviously there is no time to teach the training methods of it but at least I got to show a little piece of it. In Connecticut and elsewhere, Kuntao Dumpag is getting quite a lot of attention due to the content of it.
Anyway, check this out here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arruS7qBC8k

I hope you like the video. I hope to maybe see you folks somewhere next year! :)

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Saw this when you posted it on facebook. Great video. Its funny to see the difference between someone who trains consistantly (like the girl you had in the demo) and the girl who might have taken a cardio kickboxing class or three (the interviewer). The girl you trained when asked about being empowered merely said, "I feel good." The interviewer kept using words like empowered and strenghtening to define what you are doing.

It was an interesting contrast as the woman you trained felt good because she didn't need empowerment. It made me feel that the average women feels underpowered most of the time (listenening to the language the reporter used.).

Very fun video.
Post more ;-)
Regards
Walt

OP
R

Ron Kosakowski

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I had Black Belt Magazine at my school last week. they did a 4 1/2 hour interview on my Kuntao. Me and a few instructors I made were there. We gave the guy some demonstrations after he asked about a few techniques and we blew his mind. This is a guy who has seem martial arts all over the world and he was completely impressed with my Kuntao.

Yes, I am happy to get such a chance to be in a prestigious magazine that I have been reading since it came out in the late 60's.

By the way and not to change the subject here, I still have issues that go back that far. I have an original Bruce Lee interview when he was alive. No, its not for sale. I had it to long so it has sentimental value to me.

Anyway, I will let you folks know when it comes out. I am looking forward to this. My Kuntao is starting to get some recognition. Being an American teaching such a secretive style has stirred up controvercy for many years. I feel lucky to have it.
icon7.gif

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kuntao is one of those martial arts that have such a small following even in their own countries of origin. Good to see someone spreading the word, especially in New England. I am dying to come down and attend a class or two.

Keep us informed on the article. I have the magazine (knives) where they did the expose' on your Filipino Weapons business. Great stuff.

Best Regards,
Walt

OP
R

Ron Kosakowski

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Kuntao is one of those martial arts that have such a small following even in their own countries of origin. Good to see someone spreading the word, especially in New England. I am dying to come down and attend a class or two.

Keep us informed on the article. I have the magazine (knives) where they did the expose' on your Filipino Weapons business. Great stuff.

Best Regards,
Walt
I agree on that. Even my 1st teacher who is was Italian American, was very secretive. I was lucky to have his trust. And lucky to get the trust of the elders in the Philippines. I will be in touch on this and let you know.

Latest Discussions