My Intro

jwalls39

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I just stumbled across this forum and am hoping to gain some insight. I am a high blue belt in TKD) pretesting starts next week and will hopefully be able to test for my brown belt! My 8 year old daughter just received her blue belt and my 10 year old daughter is a high green.

Our school is unique as it is not a "McDojo" as someone put it in another thread. It is run by a husband and wife team that are the epitome of martial arts and it's philosophies.

I am completely spoiled by this school! I attend afternoon adult classes 4-6 times a week and spar every Friday night (then, of course i'm back up at the school with the kids in the afternoon).

Now I face a possible delimma of having to relocate back east (hubby's job) and begin the search for a comparable TKD program. So far it's not looking too good with my internet search in the Northern Virgina area. As the Master of my school has told me...it will be like looking for a needle in a haystack. But I am determined to do so!

The last thing I want to do is give this up as it's become my "thing". So....if anyone is in the Northern Virgina area and can point me in a couple of directions that would be GREAT!

I look forward to rading all the thread in the next few days!

Jill

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hello Jill and welcome to MartialTalk ... unfortunately I can not help you out with your search, but I'm sure someone here will have some input ... I wish you luck!

Windsinger

Green Belt
Reaction score
Pleasure to meet you, Jill, and welcome.

We have a couple of things in common - both taking TKD at a school run by a husband and wife, and both have an 8-y-o involved, too. Although, my son and I are just a touch lower down than you - yellow stripe and white belt, respectively.

Enjoy your time here! I'm a recent addition, too, and I've already come to realize this is a great group here.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jill,
may I say welcome to MT and I do hope someone is able to help you in your search for a school. Just what area of Northern Virgina do you tink you might be moveing to. It will help those that know better help find a school

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, Jill. Relocating is always hard for lots of reasons. Leaving a school you love & trying to find another is also hard. I wish you the best. Maybe folks here can help.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings Jill, and Welcome to MT....

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting! :wavey:

Can't really help with a class recommendation - but I'm sure someone will be able to help you - good luck!

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Jill,

Welcome to Martial Talk.

Hope you find another good school.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good luck in the search. I think that you'll find that it isn't as difficult of a search as you think. There are a a great many solid TKD schools out there, you just have to be discriminating and careful.

Welcome to MT!