My Inner Personal Trainer

sankaku-jime

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I had an encounter with my inner personal trainer the other night, he told me to stop making excuses and get busy training and that there are loads of good places to train where I live.

I told him my cardio sucked, he told me to stop making excuses and get on the roads, in short he told me that I did not need him I just needed to stop making excuses and get off my **** if I want to achieve my goals.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I had an encounter with my inner personal trainer the other night, he told me to stop making excuses and get busy training and that there are loads of good places to train where I live.

I told him my cardio sucked, he told me to stop making excuses and get on the roads, in short he told me that I did not need him I just needed to stop making excuses and get off my **** if I want to achieve my goals.

Are you gonna listen to him???

OP
sankaku-jime

sankaku-jime

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Are you gonna listen to him???

So far, yes.

I have been out running, my cardio has been holding me back for years, I quit smoking a couple of years ago after 15 years of barely a day without a FAG, it helped but I think what is needed is running.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So far, yes.

I have been out running, my cardio has been holding me back for years, I quit smoking a couple of years ago after 15 years of barely a day without a FAG, it helped but I think what is needed is running.

I quit for 2 years and gained 65 lbs and it's been a bear to start running again..So I settle for a fast walk...

OP
sankaku-jime

sankaku-jime

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I quit for 2 years and gained 65 lbs and it's been a bear to start running again..So I settle for a fast walk...

tis true for me to, i have never been fatter than I am now, I used to be really skinny,

but I am healthier now than I have been for years, just a little chubbier, I am taking it slowly with the running, its more of a slow jog than a run but slowly slowy, it takes time for your body to adjust, the first 5 minutes is up hill, its a killer.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ahh, smoking. Such a filthy habbit. Good luck with that running. I need to start running more my self... ahh crap.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've fought the battle of the bulge all of my teen/adult life.. I looked GREAT when I smoked..I lifted 3 times a week and did cardio on the treadmill in the gym...It's all the time I invested lifting that keeps me looking like a pear..

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just don't become one of the people who will start training "as soon as I get in shape"... there's a lovely bit of circular logic in there somewhere. The condition you're in when you start doesn't matter (as long as your doctor clears you) - it's whether or not you're in better shape today than yesterday! Good luck, and enjoy.

cswinsf23

White Belt
Reaction score
If you're heavier than when you last trained your body, start on a stationary bicycle to burn off fat and strengthen your knees, quads, hams and calves. This will also work your cardiovascular system as well as your abs depending on the kind of bicycle you use.

once you have strengthened your lower body and heart, then start jogging, preferably on grass, dirt or sand to strengthen your ankles and joints.

If you go straight to running on asphalt, you could injure your knees and joints from the shock of a hard surface. ....remember to stretch! :whip1:

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Wow, I need an inner personal trainer! The problem is, every time I try to set an appointment with mine, he's out eating somewhere.:ultracool

OP
sankaku-jime

sankaku-jime

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
If you're heavier than when you last trained your body, start on a stationary bicycle to burn off fat and strengthen your knees, quads, hams and calves. This will also work your cardiovascular system as well as your abs depending on the kind of bicycle you use.

once you have strengthened your lower body and heart, then start jogging, preferably on grass, dirt or sand to strengthen your ankles and joints.

If you go straight to running on asphalt, you could injure your knees and joints from the shock of a hard surface. ....remember to stretch! :whip1:

thanks for the advice, I am being careful. I will consider what you have said and take it up with my inner trainer.

OP
sankaku-jime

sankaku-jime

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Wow, I need an inner personal trainer! The problem is, every time I try to set an appointment with mine, he's out eating somewhere.:ultracool

I am starting a consultancy service where I will hire out my inner trainer for a fee,

if your interested ? :ultracool

Latest Discussions