Music Questions

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey all, some totally random music questions for folks out there in the know.

As alert readers may have intuited, I'm mostly into heavy metal and classical. But I've heard some songs from other genres and was interested in similar titles and bands.

First one is what I think is called 'motown', but I may be mistaken. Specifically, the sound in 'War', 'Ball of Confusion' and 'Jungle Boogie'. Any other suggestions?

Second is reggae, but not all reggae. 'Dreadlock Holiday' I like. 'No Woman, No Cry' I do not like.

Advice? I've already tried pandora, but they give me a pretty random mix for these.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

As alert readers may have intuited, I'm mostly into heavy metal and classical. But I've heard some songs from other genres and was interested in similar titles and bands.

First one is what I think is called 'motown', but I may be mistaken. Specifically, the sound in 'War', 'Ball of Confusion' and 'Jungle Boogie'. Any other suggestions?

Second is reggae, but not all reggae. 'Dreadlock Holiday' I like. 'No Woman, No Cry' I do not like.

Advice? I've already tried pandora, but they give me a pretty random mix for these.
See if you can figure out how to youtube the Willie Nelson Reggae colaboration. It is a must. Secondly I only like deeper voices doing raggae like Peter Tosh; so, Both Bob and Ziggy do nothing for me. The other son, I like.
Sean

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

Actually I think what you are looking for is funk. Look for Kool and the Gang, George Clinton (Parliment or Funkadelic), and some later James Brown.

Because I got lazy:
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/best_rb-funk.html