Moving to D.C.

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am home for holiday leave, I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be stationed in D.C. for the next three years and plan on getting some schools going in the area and if anyone knows of any good teachers in the area I would love to meet with them and if you are in the area let me know

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll find that the DC area has a very large martial arts community, representing styles from all over the world, including several recognized and well known legitimate grandmasters. Lots of styles are taught in clubs or non-commercially. Shoot me a PM when your in the area and settled; you're welcome to visit.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am home for holiday leave, I just wanted to let everyone know that I will be stationed in D.C. for the next three years and plan on getting some schools going in the area and if anyone knows of any good teachers in the area I would love to meet with them and if you are in the area let me know

Do some Sayoc Kali while you're there!

funnytiger

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I currently live in DC and could share some insight on some good schools in the area. The biggest problem you are going to run into is price. Its a pricey town to have a school so the prices generally reflect that point. However, there are a few gold mines here.

What style are you looking to take? I am Jow Ga and DC is rich with traditional Chinese martial arts schools. But there is also a really good Krav Maga group here and there is a Gracie Jujitsu school right across the bridge in Northern VA.

You can also drop me a PM for more information.

- ft

JadeDragon3

Black Belt
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken Dennis Brown's school is in D.C.. He is a legend and is awesome. You should check his school out and/or talk to him.

Latest Discussions