Movement

Suntail

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
So I was thinking of taking up parkour and/or gymnastics as a new aspect of training. I'm thinking it's at least a new way to stay in shape. I also figure that I will learn new ways to move. I was just wondering what you guys think.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Depends on what you are doing and what you want from it. It could be a great thing if this is what you are interested in. For some arts, like capoeira, gymnastics would be especially appropriate. If you find a good facility with a good teacher, go for it and have fun.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If I was younger (much) I would definately take up parkour. I was always too bottom heavy for gymnastics though I always enjoyed them. Both good choices.

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I recieved a huge benefit from gymnastics . I used it to develop a kinesthetic sense of my body and how it moves (does that make sense?). You will learn things about your body you never suspected. It helped me in Track and field, football, climbing, and MA. It is an excellent crosstraining activity.

Of course now I would look like an episode of Jackass if I tried anything more than a roll... :rolleyes:

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
Both can be an excellant add to your training and can help in great ways. Gymnastics will be easier to find a good school/club in the U.S. whereas parkour is difficult. Even though not impossible. You should check around your area and go with what you have available.

Latest Discussions