Most Competitive BJJ in the World?

aleal17

White Belt
Reaction score
What is the most competitive BJJ tournament in the world and in the U.S.?

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
Competitive in what way? Highest level athletes? Most prestige? I would say that ADCC, Pan Am, and IBJFF Worlds would all be up there.

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think IBJFF is the largest but I don't think any really hold prestige over the others. You'll see top level players competing in multiple ones.

OP
aleal17

aleal17

White Belt
Reaction score
Competitive in what way? Highest level athletes? Most prestige? I would say that ADCC, Pan Am, and IBJFF Worlds would all be up there.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
There are also a lot of "pro" invitations popping up. Metamoris, Submission Underground, etc. High level stuff. I like the EBI ruleset.

Charlemagne

Black Belt
Reaction score
There are also a lot of "pro" invitations popping up. Metamoris, Submission Underground, etc. High level stuff. I like the EBI ruleset.

Yep. I didn't mention those because the OP asked about the most prestigious. Since those you mentioned are somewhat new, and oftentimes are having trouble filling their cards, I didn't quite see them in that light. I hope they grow as I like the submission only idea. I'm also curious to see what the JJGF does not that they are up and running. Rickson mentioned tweaks to IBJJF rulesets, but I am not sure exactly what he was getting at.

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Cbjjf in Brazil, ibjjf and adcc. Pop up events just pick fighters and have too many 20 min snooze fest draws

FightHACKS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
In the BJJ community, it's the IBJJF Worlds for prestige. You're not considered a "World Champion" until you've won the Worlds in Long Beach. For Nogi, ADCC, not to be confused with UAEJJF Abu Dhabi Pro, is the most prestigious.

Latest Discussions