Mosquito Ringtone Adults can't hear

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Amazing...I can't hear it. Can you?

Edited to add: The Mosquito ringtone isn't going to fly in any of the public schools in Philly. Students aren't allowed to bring cell phones (or any other electronic gizmos) to school.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't hear it. I keep randomly playing the mp3 to see if anyone else at work notices, nothing so far... :uhyeah:

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can hear it if it's loud enough - but then my dog goes a little nuts.

Also, be careful trying to play it in Firefox; my system is set to default to Quicktime, and when I tried to play it, Firefox kept shutting down. I had to open the link in IE, then play it through Rhapsody. I have uploaded the actual mp3 and attached it to this post.

Attachments

• $atc_teenbuzz.mp3
    236.8 KB · Views: 102

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oddly enough, while I exhibit an audiometric shift from a career of exposure to VERY loud noise-i.e., I'm going deaf-I can hear it quite clearly, and I'm 46 years old......

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I definately need to get this on my Treo.

SwordLady.....i was surprised to hear that some schools allow cellphones.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
I definately need to get this on my Treo.

SwordLady.....i was surprised to hear that some schools allow cellphones.

A Lot of schools don't sllow cell phones but they students still have them cause if you don't have to walk through a medical detector to get into school, there is no one there to stop you from bringing one in. My high school used to ban cell phones and pagers but as long as you had it in your bag and weren't blatent about their use, no one got in trouble for it...

I am only 25 and I don't think I could hear it....guess I am old before my time...

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
I can hear it, but probably wouldn't notice it. To me, it sounds like the whine of a computer monitor that's on it's last leg (which is pretty common). Of course, it if went on for more than 10 seconds or so, I'd be looking for whatever device was putting out that sound, since it's also extremely irritating to me.

BrandiJo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
i can hear it. And my high school didnt allow cell phones either..... but that never stopped me or any of my friends from having htem

Ants

White Belt
Reaction score
I can't hear it and I'm only 29 (in 13 days time) : (

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I can also hear it (I'm 41). Very annoying.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Uh....I can't hear it. Weird. Right now our dog is asleep in my daughters room...when she kicks him out later I'm gonna play it again and see what he does.

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh my god, yes very annoying! I'm 29 (in october) and I heard it loud and clear....and hated it. If I start hearing phones go off with that ring tone I'm going to go crazy and start smashing peopales phones!

7sm

OP
AceHBK

AceHBK

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
Uh....I can't hear it. Weird. Right now our dog is asleep in my daughters room...when she kicks him out later I'm gonna play it again and see what he does.

How did the dog react?

I will say that I think everyone turned up their speakers to hear it. Now with cellphones most of us wont have the ringer on full blast. I know mine stays a a pretty low volume. If I had the ringtone at the volume my finger is at now I am sure not too many people would hear it.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just think, right now young people all across the country are being annoyed by this ringtone as MT members check it out... :lol:

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
AceHBK said:
I will say that I think everyone turned up their speakers to hear it. Now with cellphones most of us wont have the ringer on full blast. I know mine stays a a pretty low volume. If I had the ringtone at the volume my finger is at now I am sure not too many people would hear it.

I cranked my speakers down to the lowest setting. Still sounds the same.

Latest Discussions