More videos from the lightning quick warrior

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Again - I never said he's the world's greatest fighter. I just love the style and technique he uses, which is why I posted the videos. You're attributing a lot of statements to me even though I've never said them.

You dont need to be calling him the worlds greatest fighter in order for this whole thread to basically be about why you think hes superior on some level.

Who said anything about standing out? I was just impressed by his movements so I posted the video. That being said, I think it's fair to say that monks go through severe body conditioning drills that would distinguish them from other martial artists.

And i, a lowly yellow belt, could take them all out in their sleep. :)

OP
M

Mr. President

Green Belt
Reaction score
You dont need to be calling him the worlds greatest fighter in order for this whole thread to basically be about why you think hes superior on some level.

I don't know what "superior on some level" means.

And i, a lowly yellow belt, could take them all out in their sleep.

That sounds like a completely reasonable and appropriate self evaluation of your skills.

Josealb

White Belt
Reaction score
Good discussion, guys. My two cents:

Speed is good, but timing is everything. You really dont need to be faster to counter something, you just need to chose the right moment. Try countering something that you know its coming, how its coming, where its aimed at, from what angle, etc, and you can almost move in slow motion (compared to the other guy), because you know. Just by knowing, or reading intention, or just creating the scenario you want to cause a specific reaction, gives you the upper hand without having to be faster. I call it Groundhog Day Fighting. =D

Also Shi De Jian is very, very skilled. You can say, well, if we don't see him fight, how do we know he can? Sure, its fair. but its also fair to notice that he has all the ingredients to fight well, and make an educated guess. There's allot you can accurately guess when you just look for the quality of movement, structure, frame, intention, whole body motion, etc.

There, my two cents. :)

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Said it before and I'll say it again, and I will leave it at that

Shi Dejian is the real deal as far CMA goes, he is fara from all show. He is also rather unhappy with the state of Shaolin these days and has trained rather hard to get the fighting skills of Shaolin back into the Shaolin styles and not have Shaolin show forms and Sanda for fighting.

OK, I'm done storming the castle...have at me...time for tea