icon14.gif

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool!! Glad you're enjoying them! :) I still have a few more to look at myself! :)

Mike

Seigi

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've had the honor of training with Guro Ed, He's a great guy & excellent Martial artist.

Peace

Guro Harold

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The the old school left vs right entries were cool. It has always seemed to me that those orientations were more likely and have been more likely to occur that the left inside entries.

I do have some concerns about the knife material in general.

1. As far as I know, the Professor really didn't teach alot of knife publically, especially alot of daga vs daga. He taught alot of empty hand vs daga or long blade.

2. Not all Modern Arnis stick drills translate to knife directly and proper adjustments have to be made when teaching knife.

But overall, good stuff.

Dan Anderson

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The the old school left vs right entries were cool. It has always seemed to me that those orientations were more likely and have been more likely to occur that the left inside entries.

I do have some concerns about the knife material in general.

1. As far as I know, the Professor really didn't teach alot of knife publically, especially alot of daga vs daga. He taught alot of empty hand vs daga or long blade.

2. Not all Modern Arnis stick drills translate to knife directly and proper adjustments have to be made when teaching knife.

But overall, good stuff.

Pal,

1. Yes and the more I study the blade, the more I am cautious about using those moves.
2. Bo, oh boy, are you ever on the mark with that one. Many of the stick drills have to be really modified when taking edge and point orientation into account.

Yours,
Dan Anderson
MA-80

Latest Discussions