MMA Footwork?

jkd friend

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can someone give me a few fighters who use footwork or alot of footwork in UFC or IFL any MMA sport?:asian::asian::asian:

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
all fighting relies on footwork, what specifically are you looking for? strikers that are good with angles? wrestlers that are good at getting into shooting range?

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I use footwork walking to my job every day. If the situation strikes my fancy, I'll even use some footwork dancing. I use footwork in the shower in the morning, but that's only if there's a good song playing. When I win at foosball, I do a little shuffle, but that can be called footwork.

What are you talking about? What are you trying to get at? What kind of "footwork?" All pro fighters (and fighters in general) have a style of footwork they practice, probably reaching back to a TMA... Or in certain MMA players cases (Lyoto Machida, GSP) their style and footwork is TMA-based, but altered to deal with wrestlers. Lots of players use a squared boxing style of footwork. It's MMA, buddy. People fight differently; you should be able to see that.

JKD Friend, may I suggest you try going to an MMA school without pretensions and try it out. I'm sure you'll see a synergy between your MA studies, and the information in that MMA gym. You'll also see where your training might be ineffective against other individuals specializing in other ranges.

battle_axe86

White Belt
Reaction score
When you say foot work in MMA, I always think of Chuck Liddell. If you ever watch him, notice that he is always moving and he utilizes angles when he comes in for an attack as well as evades, he almost never plants his feet unless it is for a power strike. He is always on the move other than that. He has some very good foot work IMO, but I tend to think that his posture as far as how he holds his hands is sloppy, and that is why IMO Quinton "Rampage" Jackson KO'd him the last time they fought. I hope this helps answer your question.

Latest Discussions