MMA Fighter Taps Out Instead of Beating Opponent

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then why take the fight.

What did he think would happen in a fight?

Good to see he will go the distance with someone he thinks deserves his time.
It doesn't sound like he wanted to the original fighter dropped out his friend said ill go to keep the fight going. His friend was hurt so he stopped. It was also this guys only loss he was 5-0 before this so props for him less worried about a win more concerned with his gym mates health. I honestly do care what your opinion is so ill head back to the study now where people are less .........well I was warned about my language so ill stop there

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to people who fight.

I gotta question "people who fight." A fighter might not understand it, but "people who fight" covers a lot of ground-and this guy's just an amateur kid.....but here's the original clip with commentary from no less a "people who fight" than Bas Rutten:

Fast forward to around 1:20 for what Bas has to say:

el Guapo said:
Man it's amazing.Props ( :asian: ) to you. Man, it is so cool if a fighter does that, right?

Last edited by a moderator:

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I gotta question "people who fight." A fighter might not understand it, but "people who fight" covers a lot of ground-and this guy's just an amateur kid.....but here's the original clip with commentary from no less a "people who fight" than Bas Rutten:

Fast forward to around 1:20 for what Bas has to say:

Which is something bas also would not do according to the same commentry

I think it is more important to the amateurs as it is more than just a pay check to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Which is something bas also would not do according to the same commentry

I think it is more important to the amateurs as it is more than just a pay check to them.

I wouldn't ("couldn't?") do it either, but I wouldn't criticize someone for not being able to override their compassion for someone, especially a friend....

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were those kids I was seeing wiping up the blood?

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? It's an age appropriate sport in my opinion. Let alone having young kids in there cleaning up blood.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
What do you mean? It's an age appropriate sport in my opinion. Let alone having young kids in there cleaning up blood.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

And of course you are welcome to have your kids do any sports they wish.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
And of course you are welcome to have your kids do any sports they wish.

The blood borne pathogens protocols for properly cleaning up blood are kind of easy for a kid that age to get careless with, and risk exposing themselves and others,

As for the guy who tapped out (and in karate tournaments, when I was a kid, there was such a thing as "bowing out" of a match, for a variety of reasons) a closer look at his crackbook page shows that he earns his living as a Christian counselor of some sort. Sorry for those who don't agree, but I think, for now anyway, he gets a pass-no "kudos" from me, but people can do what they want-especially since this was an amateur show...

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The blood borne pathogens protocols for properly cleaning up blood are kind of easy for a kid that age to get careless with, and risk exposing themselves and others,

As for the guy who tapped out (and in karate tournaments, when I was a kid, there was such a thing as "bowing out" of a match, for a variety of reasons) a closer look at his crackbook page shows that he earns his living as a Christian counselor of some sort. Sorry for those who don't agree, but I think, for now anyway, he gets a pass-no "kudos" from me, but people can do what they want-especially since this was an amateur show...

Money makes no difference to how people should act.

And I don't know about over there but we all get blood tests before a fight.

If it is any consolation I went to a boxing match last night where two friends were fighting and one of the guys saw his mate was in a bit of trouble and gave him ten seconds to get his act back together.

At which point his mate hit him with a big right.

It ended in a draw and both guys were happy.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Money makes no difference to how people should act.

"Money should make no difference to how people should act."

Fixed that for ya.

and....

What other people think should make no difference to how people should act.

Of course, like money, it often does.

And I don't know about over there but we all get blood tests before a fight.

It depends on the promotion, but "tests" aren't always going to be conclusive, especially with Hepatitis C.

In any case, I can tell you this much about "over here.":

Over here we have states that are bigger than where you are, "over there." :lfao:...

Seriously
By area:
1) Alaska - 1 518 748 km²
2) Texas - 691 003 km²
3) California - 411 033 km²
4) Montana - 380 834 km²
5) New Mexico - 314 914 km²
6) Arizona - 295 249 km²
7) Nevada - 286 341 km²
8) Colorado - 269 585 km²
9) Wyoming - 253 315 km²
10) Oregon - 251 409 km

In WYoming, now, they have a fair bit of MMA, but they only have a little more than 300000 people-like one person for every 10 square miles. I'm certain that in some of those amateur promotions, there is no blood test before competing....

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Money should make no difference to how people should act."

Fixed that for ya.

and....

What other people think should make no difference to how people should act.

Of course, like money, it often does.

It depends on the promotion, but "tests" aren't always going to be conclusive, especially with Hepatitis C.

In any case, I can tell you this much about "over here.":

Over here we have states that are bigger than where you are, "over there." :lfao:...

Seriously
By area:
1) Alaska - 1 518 748 km²
2) Texas - 691 003 km²
3) California - 411 033 km²
4) Montana - 380 834 km²
5) New Mexico - 314 914 km²
6) Arizona - 295 249 km²
7) Nevada - 286 341 km²
8) Colorado - 269 585 km²
9) Wyoming - 253 315 km²
10) Oregon - 251 409 km

In WYoming, now, they have a fair bit of MMA, but they only have a little more than 300000 people-like one person for every 10 square miles. I'm certain that in some of those amateur promotions, there is no blood test before competing....

The blood test is a different issue. I am in favour of these fights being handled professionally and respectfully.

I don't see how it is OK to pull out in the first round because it is an amature event. These things are important to the guys who do them.

I would say more important not to pull out like that in an ammy. If the other guy was just doing a job then that would be better in my book.