MJW - striking with max power

skribs

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you lower the head into it, the idea is (haven't tried it, so can't say if this is how it works out) they punch somewhat in line with your structure, so the head doesn't snap. Of course, that's exactly the position an uppercut works best on.

There's always a catch.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed. If I saw that, I'd probably target the floating ribs quickly. For a strong kicker, it would be a gift.
My first impulse when I see high hands like that is to shoot low for double unders or double leg, but it's also a great opening for my favourite kick..the TEEP.

OP
T

TMA17

Black Belt
Reaction score
The Teep is a great kick.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My first impulse when I see high hands like that is to shoot low for double unders or double leg, but it's also a great opening for my favourite kick..the TEEP.
I shoot low for nothing anymore. I never did a lot of it, but now I do none of it, except when teaching. It just hurts too much. My knees have driven me to more striking, overall.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've unintentionally blocked a fair few punches and kicks during sparring with my elbow, and almost every time it's just halted them. I haven't really had much chance to try to develop it to make it properly intentional because it's not exactly an authorised move...

In a "real fight bro street innit" situation I can't say whether it would be as effective...

Latest Discussions