Missing Link Found?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmm, had me thinking I was going a bit doolally there!

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
]MY comment was a non-sequiter based on the conflicting information being given to the public by the media, "Yes, its a primate and a human ancestor... well, no not actually a primate OR a human ancestor, BUT proof nonetheless, trust us, it really is!"
I thought your non-sequiter was a good jumping off point for another. That's really as far as it went.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I agree with you. I don't see how those people who profess belief in G-d, miracles etc and then think he couldn't have started things off with the Big Bang and evolution if He wanted to! It would seem faith doesn't stretch too far for the creationists!
I don't think belief or not in any diety is a prerequisite for thinking evolution is an amazing thing especially the duck billed platypus!

Well after all, in Genesis it says.... "LET THERE BE LIGHT, AND THERE WAS LIGHT'. So to me the Big Bang theory is right on.

My name is Inigo Montoya...

You know, the "Princess Bride' is one of my favorite shows. Peter Falk was great (and so was Buttercup.) And the Pirate Robinson could fight almost as good as I can.

Deaf

jetboatdeath

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well after all, in Genesis it says.... "LET THERE BE LIGHT, AND THERE WAS LIGHT'. So to me the Big Bang theory is right on.

You know, the "Princess Bride' is one of my favorite shows. Peter Falk was great (and so was Buttercup.) And the Pirate Robinson could fight almost as good as I can.

Deaf

You do mean the dread pirate Roberts don't you??

DocWard

Purple Belt
Reaction score

All these years arguing with creationists and that never occurred to me. Thank you.

Oh, and don't get me started on The Princess Bride. My wife will rarely watch the movie with me because I know the lines so well.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All these years arguing with creationists and that never occurred to me. Thank you.

Oh, and don't get me started on The Princess Bride. My wife will rarely watch the movie with me because I know the lines so well.

One of my favorite movies as well. Goodbye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

As to the Big Bang:

Genesis 1

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

The singularity was without form, and void. There was no matter, no energy, and no time-space. The universe was literally nothing. And then it exploded. There was light (and matter and time and etc).

I do not see any particular reason not to believe both.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What do the creationists say if you put it to them that G-d created evolution?
They say that the Day-vil is talking through you... then throw in a bit of the old "Get thee behind me Satan."

BTW what's with this "G-d" thing? I mean, I get it with Tellner. He's Jewish. You too, Tez? Me, I'm a mix of just about everything, but I'd like to put the "odd" back in "god" ...or "goddess" for that matter. Then we can get the double dd to work out right. Speaking of double dd's and goddesses, the Venus of Willendorf and... oh heck. I'll just shut up and evolve now.

Latest Discussions