mind and body

garrisons2

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was chatting with my Grandmaster the other day (not suprising his last name is Lee) about how sometimes it is more difficult for me at the age of 49 to do what my mind is telling my body to do. Never really thought of if this way, but his perspective was as follows: When you are born your mind and body are like this , he held up each palm perpendicular to each other a couple inches apart. As you get older , they seperate, and to illustrate the point he moved his palms so that they were three feet away from each other and said that when you get old and die , your body turns to dirt and your mind to heaven. He then said, (in his still broken English) that martial arts can reverse that process and bring your mind and body closer together, which I believe. Just thought I'd share with you the perspective of a 56 year 8th degree Grandmaster, who has been asked repeatedly over the past 5 years to go back to Korea for his 9th Dan, but sees no need.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Beautiful. Enjoy his teaching!

I believe Yoga can do this, too. But with the martial arts, we have very functional expression, don't we? Such a wonderful life we have, to experience this.

Latest Discussions