Microsoft Vista Operating System

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I started a thread related to this elsewhere. When I loaded Vista on my computer, I didn't find any features that made up for the multiple, unresolvable error messages or the fact that some of my software wouldn't work. All I can say about Vista is that it looks a little jazzier -- for instance, you can view extra-large thumbnails in folders of photos -- but it didn't provide me with anything I couldn't live without. Now that I've "downgraded" to XP, everything on my computer works just fine.

If I were to go out tomorrow and buy a new PC that came with Vista, I would probably buy a copy of XP and have it downgraded before I left the store.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I started a thread related to this elsewhere. When I loaded Vista on my computer, I didn't find any features that made up for the multiple, unresolvable error messages or the fact that some of my software wouldn't work. All I can say about Vista is that it looks a little jazzier -- for instance, you can view extra-large thumbnails in folders of photos -- but it didn't provide me with anything I couldn't live without. Now that I've "downgraded" to XP, everything on my computer works just fine.

If I were to go out tomorrow and buy a new PC that came with Vista, I would probably buy a copy of XP and have it downgraded before I left the store.

There are corporations doing the exact same thing, downgrading to XP

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Or upgrading to Ubunto Linux :D. Does all that Vista does in the fancy Matrix front-end department but does it right and in 256Mb RAM rather than 2Gb.

Latest Discussions