microsoft outlook

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
oops. I put in 500 adresses in the contacts, and didnt capitalize.

any way to fix without editing every single one?

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't think there's a way to do it in the software. If you know programming and can access the database, you could write a script to fix it.

A SQL statement would probably do it, depending on the design of the database engine. I'm no expert but I'm sure some here know if it can be done.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You might be able to export the address book to an Access database, where you might be able to do a case change on the field, then import it back in.

I'm not too familiar with Outlook though. (This Outlook or Outlook Express?)

OP
S

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
outlook. i dunno what an access database is. my boss is editing the entries now, shes not too pleased

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I do know how to do outlook programming, so that's the way I'd go.

But, for the general user Bob has the right idea. You can easily export addresses to your choice of file, update them, and then re-import them. I'd use Excel, the Proper (or Upper, depending on cap pref.) function, and have it done inside 2 minutes, depending on the time it took the computer to open excel.

The Export/Import wizard is in the File menu. It's a bit esoteric in its setup, but I'm sure you can figure it out. Be warned that it's not installed by default (although the menu item is there) so you might need the cd handy.

However, I suspect this is too little information too late. Hope your day goes well. When it comes to work, I have repeatedly had this lesson driven home: "The difference between a good day and a bad day is entirely dependant on your attitude."

Combine that with the complete refusal to carrying any work stress outside the workplace, and I've worked quite happily in some real hellholes.

Latest Discussions