Michigan Martial Arts workshop

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. My school is hosting a multi-style martial arts workshop on April 8 in West Michigan that is open to all! The goal is for martial artists of all types to get the chance to share ideas, philosophy, drills, and techniques from their own system/gym with others. Part of what I love about the martial arts is learning new things by networking with like-minded martial artists but is seems more and more schools are closing themselves off instead of networking out. I want to extend an invitation to anyone on the forum to participate that is interested. Anyone can participate regardless of experience level and if you would like to be a guest instructor we would love to have you (Must have experience and credentials to back it, not just anyone can be an instructor)! We have 2 spots left for guest instructors, currently represented is Shorin Ryu, Uechi Ryu, Chung Do Kwan, Chang-Hon TKD (Maybe Boxing, still waiting to hear from a local coach). THIS IS A FREE EVENT WITH LIMITED SPACE, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. This is a family friendly event. If you are interested and want information on how to register message me or email [email protected].

NO EGOS, POLITICS, OR STYLE BASHING. This event isn't about proving whose style is best or who is the best fighter, this is to share and help each other grow as martial artists.

Attachments

• April 8 Registration.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 27

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello all. My school is hosting a multi-style martial arts workshop on April 8 in West Michigan that is open to all! The goal is for martial artists of all types to get the chance to share ideas, philosophy, drills, and techniques from their own system/gym with others. Part of what I love about the martial arts is learning new things by networking with like-minded martial artists but is seems more and more schools are closing themselves off instead of networking out. I want to extend an invitation to anyone on the forum to participate that is interested. Anyone can participate regardless of experience level and if you would like to be a guest instructor we would love to have you (Must have experience and credentials to back it, not just anyone can be an instructor)! We have 2 spots left for guest instructors, currently represented is Shorin Ryu, Uechi Ryu, Chung Do Kwan, Chang-Hon TKD (Maybe Boxing, still waiting to hear from a local coach). THIS IS A FREE EVENT WITH LIMITED SPACE, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. This is a family friendly event. If you are interested and want information on how to register message me or email [email protected].

NO EGOS, POLITICS, OR STYLE BASHING. This event isn't about proving whose style is best or who is the best fighter, this is to share and help each other grow as martial artists.

Would FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) fit into your event?
Also when on the 8th?

OP
J. Pickard

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Would FMA (Filipino Martial Arts) fit into your event?
Also when on the 8th?
Absolutely! It starts at 10 and is planned to go until 4 ish. We would love to have a filipino MA instructor!

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me know if you do another one of these in the future. I might be able to drive up and add my two cents worth as a guest instructor if you’re interested. However it’s a bit too short notice this time and I already have commitments for Saturday.

OP
J. Pickard

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
UPDATE: The workshop was so much fun!! We had 4 systems represented (Chung Do Kwan, Uechi Ryu, Shorin Ryu, and Kobudo) and everyone had a blast! Best way to spend a Saturday! We have decided to try to make this an annual event! Hopefully we can get all kinds of arts represented! I didn't get many pics because I was participating but here are a few that I managed to get!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-04-08 175702.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-08 175702.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-04-08 175544.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-08 175544.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-04-08 175315.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-08 175315.png
    208.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-04-08 181058.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-08 181058.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot 2023-04-08 180945.png
    Screenshot 2023-04-08 180945.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230408_120730.jpg
    20230408_120730.jpg
    756.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230408_120709.jpg
    20230408_120709.jpg
    886 KB · Views: 25

OllieBrown

White Belt
Reaction score
This game is a component of the Grand Theft Auto series' overarching plot, which starts at the very beginning of the 2008 GTA game's content gta 5 mobile apk + data download
I think it's great that your school is hosting a multi-style martial arts workshop! It's always beneficial for martial artists to learn from one another and share techniques and ideas

OP
J. Pickard

J. Pickard

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I think it's great that your school is hosting a multi-style martial arts workshop! It's always beneficial for martial artists to learn from one another and share techniques and ideas
It was a lot of fun! We are already planning next years event!

Latest Discussions