Memories of Ed Parker & Me.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Surfing the net, I found the web site of an old friend, Grandmaster Doo Wei from my old Chinese Qungfu roots. Looking through the site I found an event that Ed Parker and I attended in the seventies, (I'm guessing by my waist line and dress), that really brought a flood of memories back. Ed Parker & I are seated together on the right of the video.

He and I often attended traditional Chinese Schools together for various events and awards. Lots of memories of my old friend whom I miss today as much as the day he passed. I'm guess i'm particularly melancholy today as I ponder the passing of another old friend, Grandmaster Moses Powell. We are all only here for a moment in time. I take solace in knowing that when I get there, I'll have plenty of friends to continue my learning.

http://www.whitetigerkungfu.com/demos3.htm

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Doc,

You looked like a lean mean fighting machine. Couldn't get away from the cop sunglasses huh? I still have a pair floating around the house somewhere. Great seeing Mr. Parker.

-Michael

OP
Doc

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
Doc,

You looked like a lean mean fighting machine. Couldn't get away from the cop sunglasses huh? I still have a pair floating around the house somewhere. Great seeing Mr. Parker.
-Michael
Cop sunglasses? No wonder all my friends wore those. (Still got a drawer full I can't bring myself to get rid of)

:)

Thanks Mike.

TwistofFat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Doc said:
I'm guess i'm particularly melancholy today as I ponder the passing of another old friend, Grandmaster Moses Powell. We are all only here for a moment in time. I take solace in knowing that when I get there, I'll have plenty of friends to continue my learning.
Doc - Sorry to hear about Dr. Powell, I was not aware he had passed. After seeing him in The Warrior Within I bought a few of his videos and attended a seminar with some of his students when I studied Yoseikan Aikido. They were very good and a reflection of their teacher.

Best Regards - Glenn.

OP
Doc

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
TwistofFat said:
Doc - Sorry to hear about Dr. Powell, I was not aware he had passed. After seeing him in The Warrior Within I bought a few of his videos and attended a seminar with some of his students when I studied Yoseikan Aikido. They were very good and a reflection of their teacher.

Best Regards - Glenn.
Thank you Glenn.

Latest Discussions