May Their Memory Never Fade

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-10989709

Wielding a broad brush here, so my apologies to those teens to whom this does not apply but I am appalled but not surprised to find that the teenage generation has no knowledge of one of the most titanic and pivotal battles this country has ever witnessed.

A salute to the Few, they who did so much to ensure that there is still an England.

OP
Sukerkin

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I read this article during lunch at work and I confess that I had to draw down my emotions as I considered once again what those poor fellows went through during those awful few weeks (being English, even now it doesn't do to be seen to be too emotional in public (or maybe that is just old-fashioned me yet again:eek:)).

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Funny, I also just read the article not ten minutes ago, and received today from the UK MOD, a letter telling me I they are so back logged, that my request for my grandfathers WW2 service records will take upwards of 8 months to get to me.
I don't forget, my kids don't forget. Its up to us to teach the next generation, its our fault if they don't learn it. Sadly many people don't care about the past.

5-0 Kenpo

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Funny, I also just read the article not ten minutes ago, and received today from the UK MOD, a letter telling me I they are so back logged, that my request for my grandfathers WW2 service records will take upwards of 8 months to get to me.
I don't forget, my kids don't forget. Its up to us to teach the next generation, its our fault if they don't learn it. Sadly many people don't care about the past.

We have to give them a reason to, as you probably do to your children.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sukerkin, whenever you around.
Come walk in Flanders Field's, where the poppies grow.

Just been there for the last 3 days, visiting war cemetaries.

Latest Discussions