Maximum Output w/ Minimal Equipment (All-Around Strength & Conditioning)

Dinkydoo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm liking how you've sort of narrowed down those body-weight exercises down to the bare essentials. Admittedly I don't have a plyometrics routine - I probably should now.

Yea: legs, core, upper body. With the range of things I do - and the heavy fitness orientated kickboxing sessions, I dont feel that I need to do much more.

I don't think I'd have 2 hours to burn in a day for conditioning/training since entering graduate school. :/ Do you have these sessions in the evening? Can't imagine doing something that draining at the start of the day.

Yea, mostly. Although If I get home early from Uni I'll do the 7K and some stretching late afternoon before showering and heading out to train with friends after dinner. If my work/Uni schedule allows I try to fit some things in, in the afternoon - it just depends on what I have on. I usually keep things relatively light in the morning if, I do anything at all.

Troubadour

White Belt
Reaction score
I've sat on my butt the last few years, got a gym membership that I rarely used. So now that I'm back into martial arts, I've just been doing push-ups, squats, sit-ups, etc... I used to run, but now that it's single digit temperatures outside I haven't felt like doing that... :p

Picked up a standing heavy bag too, but there's no room in our apartment at this time to set it up anywhere, so I'm waiting until we move at the end of the month to use it. Pretty excited though, since I've never had one before!