Maureen Dowd Knifes Obama

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/30/opinion/30dowd.html?_r=1

Read and laugh! Here is a super liberial that is finaly seeing what a rube she is.

I like this best:

"If we can’t catch a Nigerian with a powerful explosive powder in his oddly feminine-looking underpants and a syringe full of acid, a man whose own father had alerted the U.S. Embassy in Nigeria, a traveler whose ticket was paid for in cash and who didn’t check bags, whose visa renewal had been denied by the British, who had studied Arabic in Al Qaeda sanctuary Yemen, whose name was on a counterterrorism watch list, who can we catch?

We are headed toward the moment when screeners will watch watch-listers sashay through while we have to come to the airport in hospital gowns, flapping open in the back."

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
But, it's important that empty suits can puff up and look important while pausing at the trough that is our wallets.

OP
Deaf Smith

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
And now Fox News says the CIA had detailed report on Nigerian man well before attempted plane bombing, but report's distribution was held up over lack of photo!

I guess they couldn't get a photo from any of the colleges he went to.

George Smiley they ain't.

One day the terrorist will get their act together and score big. Just too much stupidity going on in our government now. No one is afraid of Obama. And why should they be, even if caught you get a free lawyer who tells you to shut up.

Don't believe me? Well that is what they gave Abdul Mutallab! Yes a lawyer and he is not cooperating with the FBI. No surprise, right?

And the lawyer is the Public Defender who forged documents in Detroit Terror Cell Trial (guess they couldn't get any other job.)

Beware. One day the terrorist will get their act together and score big. And all cause the ones in power just play games and are not serious.

Deaf

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
One day the terrorist will get their act together and score big. Just too much stupidity going on in our government now. No one is afraid of Obama. And why should they be, even if caught you get a free lawyer who tells you to shut up.

Don't believe me? Well that is what they gave Abdul Mutallab! Yes a lawyer and he is not cooperating with the FBI. No surprise, right?

And the lawyer is the Public Defender who forged documents in Detroit Terror Cell Trial (guess they couldn't get any other job.)

Beware. One day the terrorist will get their act together and score big. And all cause the ones in power just play games and are not serious.

Deaf

I worry for our country right now, more than ever. Our country lacks leadership but no one will stand up and really speak out for what is right; there are some who know the words but dont seem to be anything more than seekers of power. The conservative right has a few talking heads but that is all they do (Beck might be an exception). How far down a dark and spooky path is the country willing to go before the citizenry speak out and say "Leaders, do what is right for us or quit so we can find someone who will, or we will remove you." And I am talking about following the law, not trying to invoke anything or sound like a militia or anti-government whacko. We need better moral fiber representing us.

Deaf's statement about the terrorists scoring big has the potential to come true simply because the guardians are more scared of their bosses than they are of the badguys and the fastest way to fire up your boss is to do your job and inconvenience someone.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions