Matt Morton - Investigation Summary

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Morton was accused of various indiscretions and dishonest actions by members of Bullshido. An investigation by the USJA found him guilty of several actions and he was stripped of rank and suspended. As a result of this, he was banned from MartialTalk.

This is a summary of the MartialTalk threads that concern this matter.

USJA rules on Matthew Morton
attention Matt Morton
Clarification
Hapkido retirement

The Bullshido article is at http://www.bullshido.org/Matthew_Morton

Prior to this, Mr. Morton was not a problem user, and should his status in the martial arts community improve he may petition for re-admittance once his USJA suspension is up.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I really don't want to get involved in the whole bullshido martialtalk dispute Bob. I have no issue with how you run your own ship here. And while I don't want this place to become that place, it seems to me a bit unfair to start a thread about a person who has no ability to respond to what is said about him. I get the whole debate over allowing someone who is a fraud to remain on a board or not. I really do. I just dont know how serious "investigations" here could be if the person discussed isnt allowed to communicate.

Tough ethical and administrative decisions that are peculiar to this medium. I dont envy you the headaches this stuff probably causes you. Just putting in my hopefully constructive opinion.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is just my making a public summary record of the whole mess in 1 spot should we need it later. I'll most likely move a few other threads in here over the next few weeks as I find them (here meaning the forum, not this thread).

As to the other points, I'm in agreement with you.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Having read the article you linked to here, I'm wanting to do a little asking around myself.

Latest Discussions