Martial Talk Midwest Seminar Oct 24-26

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Martial Talk, will be hosting a Midwest Seminar October 24-26. The event will take place in Effingham, Illinois. If interested contact me at this email address [email protected]. My computer was hit by lightning and took out my new computer. Having troubles accessing my current email.

Here is a list of what is going to happen and people who have commited to teach at the seminar.

Friday Night will be a Martial Talk get together and meet and greet. Depending how many come I may have this at my house. I have a small home so if requests are high it may get move to somewhere else. Will have a cookout.

Saturday from 9-5 we will have a seminar held at the Effingham Park District, located at 1906 South 4th Street.

10-11am Rich Parsons Lakan Tatlo in Modern Arnis will teach techniques for the single cane

11-12pm Mike Casto who teaches Kali, Silat, shen Chuan, Kun Tao Silat, plans on teaching locking and disarms with and without weapons. Trapping hands and flexible weapons.

12-1pm Break for cater lunch

1-2pm Jerome Barber 6th Degree in both Escrima and Kenpo, plans on teaching the Filpino palm stick and kobutan key chain and the relationship to some empty hand self defense applications

2-3pm Tim Hartman Laken Pito 7th degree Black belt in World Modern Arnis and personal student of Remy Pesas for 16 years will teach Knife techniques

3-4pm Mike Eschenbrenner 5th Degree Shito Ryu Karate will teach using karate and jujustu techniques from Okinawan kata.

4-5pm Open for either Question and Answers or for Jeff Leader.

After 7Pm we will have another Meet and greet and cookout

Sunday we will have a small seminar for those who don't have to leave early from 10-2

10-12pm Mike Casto will teach techniques from Kali, silat

12-2pm Bob Thomas will teach grappling

Cost for both days will be $100.00 this does include the lunch for Saturday

Saturday Only $80.00 and includes Lunch

Sunday Only $40.00

Contact me ASAP email [email protected]
Cell number 217-821-2866

Bob Thomas:asian:

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
several people have asked what do they need for the seminar.
Several of the instructors are planning to teach weapons. May need to bring the following type of weapons
Escrima sticks- two perfered
Some kind of training knife no real knives
palm stick
Cane

Other items
Martial Arts training uniform or workout clothes
Notebook and pen
1 clear mind willing to learn

If anyone else can think of things to bring list them here.

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Made some changes to the current plan. First of all it maybe hard to try and figure out how many people are coming and have a cater lunch. So when we all decide we are hungry, pitch in some money and get something to eat. Or you may leave and get your own food. Second change is have the cost for weekend to be $80.00. After October 11 cost will be $100.00 for the weekend. If you bring 5 students the 5th person is free.

Presenters do get in free to the event. You must supply your own hotel/motel and food for the weekend. I will be working with some of the hotels to try and get some kind of discounts for the weekend. Will list the hotels that will offer a discount later on.
Bob:asian:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob,

Thanks for the hosting!

I want you to know I appriciate the work and effort you are putting in and keeping people up to date.

Great Work

Thanks!

PS: I thought I would be staying in your kitchen and havnig a direct access to the fridge? I guess with your comment about hotel rooms and food, this is out???? :D ;) Let us know when you have some more info. Thanks Again! :asian:

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I do have a pop-up tent, that has a fridge in it. You will have to supply the food. better then sleeping on the hard floor.
Bob:D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I added a banner to the rotation up top, and have spread the word to a few other boards.

Definately looking forward to the fun. :)

Thank you for making it happen!
:asian:

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
I do have a pop-up tent, that has a fridge in it. You will have to supply the food. better then sleeping on the hard floor.
Bob:D

Bob,

Thanks, I already had plans on staying with Arnisador.

I was just joking :D about you trying to host everyone. That would be a very large task, and most likely costly ;).

Thanks for the offer though!

pesilat

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
several people have asked what do they need for the seminar.
Several of the instructors are planning to teach weapons. May need to bring the following type of weapons
Escrima sticks- two perfered
Some kind of training knife no real knives
palm stick
Cane

Other items
Martial Arts training uniform or workout clothes
Notebook and pen
1 clear mind willing to learn

If anyone else can think of things to bring list them here.

Make sure to bring a jacket or shirt that you don't mind ripping (which is a possibility in the flexible weapons stuff that I do). Gi tops will work and generally won't rip (especially judo gi). But if you don't have a gi top, then bring something you don't mind getting ripped (or buy some cheap Fruit of the Loom shirts). The ripping will usually occur along seams.

Mike

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just curious, should I have recieved a response to my email to you? I am just wondering... because if somthing happened and you missed my email I dont wanna miss out... :D

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I did receive your email, but I didn't responed to you. I figured several people would have the same question, and instead of sending out 20 or more of the same email. I would post your question here with the answer. If anyone has questions about the seminar either post them here or you can email me at [email protected]. If it is a question I think everyone needs to know I may post the answer here. If it is more personal I will email you. Hope to see many of you there
Bob :asian:

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith (Bob) will have an online registration. We need to know how many people are planning on coming. Tomorrow I plan on calling several hotel owners/mangers and start setting up some kind of discount if you choose to stay in a hotel. Will contact upper range hotel, middle range hotel, and your low budget hotel. Side note my pop-up camper is available for a small fee:D
If anyone has any questions, comments, to make this a great weekend and seminar feel free to either post it or email me.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith (Bob) will have an online registration. We need to know how many people are planning on coming. Tomorrow I plan on calling several hotel owners/mangers and start setting up some kind of discount if you choose to stay in a hotel. Will contact upper range hotel, middle range hotel, and your low budget hotel. Side note my pop-up camper is available for a small fee:D
If anyone has any questions, comments, to make this a great weekend and seminar feel free to either post it or email me.

Great Work Bob!

Thanks!
:asian:

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I called the first hotel today, they told me the rate. Wanted to know how many rooms to block off. So instead of me calling each hotel first and getting rates, maybe find out who wants hotels and where at first. Then I will contact those hotels. Listed below will be the hotel and I will put the phone # also so if you want to contact them also. The area code for all the hotels is 217

Hotel Phone Fax
Best Western 342-4121 342-4121
Comfort Inn 347-5050 347-5084
Comfort Suites 342-3151 342-3555
Country Inn& Suites 540-5555
Days Inn 342-9271 342-5850
Hampton Inn 342-4499 347-2828
Howard Johnson 342-4667 342-4645
Holiday Inn Express 540-1111 347-7341
Keller Inn 342-2131 342-4133
Ramada Limited 347-7131 347-3363
Super 8 342-6888 347-2863
Abe Lincoln 342-4717
Best Inn 347-5141
Cloverleaf 342-4655
Econolodge 3424161
Effingham Motel 342-3991
Lincoln Lodge 342-4133
Paradise Inn 342-2165
Travelodge & Suite 347-7515

Let me know what you want in a hotel such as a pool etc. All of the Hotels are on the other side of Effingham from where we will be having the seminar. Most of the Hotels are close to the Interstate highways and fast food places to eat. After I have a list of places people want to stay at. I will start calling them to block off rooms for the event.
Let me know ASAP
Bob :asian:

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I will talk to a few people about this and try to go not sure if I will How far from Detriot?

Also when is the marital Talk Tourament going to be soon? LOL :rofl:

but would be cool if we had one sometime

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Since I made that trip last month. I can tell you it is about and 7-8 hr drive. Depends on how fast you drive. Also watch out for them sneaky bastards in Ohio. Seen more cops in Ohio then I did in downtown Detroit. :D

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by TallAdam85
yes there are to many ohio cops to many

Hey how else are we going to balance this budget. . . .speeding tickets from those crazy Detroit people who loose their way into the hunting turf of the Ohio plains' greatest predator. . .the Ohio State Trooper. Beware the order of the grey cruiser and drill Sgt. hat.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The online registration form will be up this evening. Unfortunately, due to a disagreement with my credit card processor, I will not be able to offer credit card payments for this event.

:(

Latest Discussions