Martial arts master arrested after beating

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
There's no cure for stupid, and with this much of it concentrated in a small area, the result is to be expected. A losing result for all 4 men.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Bad news all around and definitely can't condone that. That said, if you want to try yourself out, even "friendly" on an in shape 275 pound guy, do it in a dojo/controlled environment, not a railway station.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bad news all around and definitely can't condone that. That said, if you want to try yourself out, even "friendly" on an in shape 275 pound guy, do it in a dojo/controlled environment, not a railway station.

I'd say, "Be careful who you play with!" I know several guys that got into "friendly" conversations about their love of the martial arts and had things turn nasty.

One of these guys was a technically quite superior to the "buddy" he met at a bar, so after their "little practice session" he turned to leave and his new "buddy" sucker punched him so hard it shattered the bones in the side of his face. Not surprising though, as they were both at least half drunk.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have often engaged in conversation with those that obviously practice an art (due to t-shirts, where they were, etc...) but I never "play" with anyone outside the dojo.

...that's asking for trouble and violates basic common sense.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, It would be nice to hear both sides of the story, and get the real facts....

...sometime we got a "break" a leg to get to the truths!

Aloha, ......Nothing but the truth!

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I just find it frustrating that because this guy won his weight class in a national tournament, they feel they have to reffer to him as a master martial artist.

TigerLove

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, but i don't understand the text clearly (english is not my basic language). They attacked him and hi defended? Or he attacked them? Or...i don't get it. If somebody can explain..thanks!!

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, but i don't understand the text clearly (english is not my basic language). They attacked him and hi defended? Or he attacked them? Or...i don't get it. If somebody can explain..thanks!!

It sounded like they began some friendly practice at the train station. Then the Judo 'master' didn`t want to stop. He went too far and then he and his friend beat up the other two men.