Martial arts lifestyle survey

CDA4555

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
The martial arts lifestyle is a great path to take, for some it is a lifelong journey and for others it is just a passing fancy. In seeing the members that belong to MartialTalk there is a great deal of people out there that are passionate about their MA lifestyle. I am a JKD practitioner and I also dabble in FMA when I get the chance. I have been consistently training for 2 years, which is only the tip of the iceberg, which is why I have decided to take a more active participation in this forum in order learn from many of you veterans.

I am also very interested in the business side of our lifestyle and I am currently doing a project on martial arts and marketing. I thought this would be the best place for me to post my survey on one part of the martial arts lifestyle and that is the purchasing of the training tools we all need to become better martial artists. The survey is on the following link:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=vXfoRYXoC_2bjqa6wqrNdlIA_3d_3d

The survey is very short and deals with demographics and the buying habits of martial artist. I myself purchase most of my gear online because quality MA equipment is hard to find in my area. Thanks for participating and I will post the survey once I finish my project.

Thanks again for helping me out!:)

OP
CDA4555

CDA4555

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks bluekey88 and Kacey. I appreciate the help, I checked out the Yom Chi website and really enjoyed reading the black belt thesis section.

HM2PAC

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Done.

Another thing you may want to think about in your marketing research is the money spent by a single martial artist vs. an entire family.

OP
CDA4555

CDA4555

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks shihansmurf, myusername, IcemanSK, and HM2PA. I appreciate your responses. I saw that myusername is from the UK, what is the buying experience like across the pond? It seems like the martial arts community is very popular over there...I just met Tommy Carruthers in Seattle WA at the 35th anniversay of Bruce Lee. Super skilled and super fast.

OP
CDA4555

CDA4555

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks bostonbomber, I should have some results for everyone very soon.

F

foggymorning162

Done.

Another thing you may want to think about in your marketing research is the money spent by a single martial artist vs. an entire family.

Another thing you may want to think about in your marketing research is the money spent by a single martial artist vs. an entire family.[/quote]
Ditto I spend for two. Maybe try asking how much was spent on different things such as uniforms, training equipment, sparring gear or apparel and novelties, and also is it for personal use or for a school.

OP
CDA4555

CDA4555

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ditto I spend for two. Maybe try asking how much was spent on different things such as uniforms, training equipment, sparring gear or apparel and novelties, and also is it for personal use or for a school.[/quote]

Thanks for the response and the feedback. I have a more in depth survey coming up and I will add your suggestions to it. Thanks again.

Latest Discussions