Martial Art advice on Father's Day

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Happy Father's Day everyone!

Here is some friendly advice from a son who has lost both of his parents (diabetes and cancer), and a father who now has three sons of his own.

Take this opportunity today to connect on a deeper level with parents, spouse, and children. Even if you believe you already do so, tell them how you feel, and that you appreciate them. If you are a Dad, this day is about you, but make it about your connection with those you love. Mend fences (figuratively), and forgive old offenses. Speak from your heart, and not your head, and tell them how much they mean to you! (I don't mean to tell you all what to do, but if it hadn't occured to you to go much deeper, especially if there is a wall with someone you have had trouble communicating with in the past - I urge you to break down that wall today!)

And by the way, you all mean a lot to me - thanks! :ultracool Happy Father's Day!

Darwin J. Eisenhart

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great advice! losing ones you love often makes you re-evaluate what is really important in this life.
:asian: Happy Father's day!

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What Stickarts said! Thanks for reminding us of the important things in life - family members.

trueaspirer

Green Belt
Reaction score
Good advice, words spoken from the heart are truer than any others.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for your words, sir.:asian:

And Happy Father's Day to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Happy father's Day....fathers be the role models for your own kids to follow...be the best you can be....teach them life if full of ups and downs...but life still goes on......Role models...means growing up and doing things that needs to be done without anyone telling you too.....Aloha

Maltair

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I spent 10 min just hugging my kids today. I almost started to cry. Told them how much I love them and how glad I am they are in my life :)

Eternal Beginner

Brown Belt
Reaction score
This was my first Father's Day without my dad...I have to echo the sentiment of making sure you let those you love know that you love them.

I think it would have been one of my life's biggest regrets if I had not let my dad know just how much he meant to me before he died.

Latest Discussions