Marching Band Humor...

T

TheRustyOne

I got bored, read that snake model Armed Forces thing and wrote this. Maybe it'll help you understand marching band if you've never been in it.

Colorguard: Finds snake, teaches it to dance and spin. Snake gets fed up and leaves to be a cheerleader (which is easier than colorguard!)

Drumline: Finds snake, perverts snake, takes band bus on joyride around town during lunch break. Works butt off while rest of band is lazy. Struts like cocky jerk because there was a movie about the drumline.

Woodwinds: Snake can't be heard. Contends with annoying American Pie wisecracks.

Trumpets: Snakes get tunnel vision from the silver and brass running past him.

Trombones: Laughs at the nickname of "boner," since it's been perverted by drumline.

Saxaphones: Snake now sounds like duck. (Applies to oboe, but I'll be damned if an oboe can march!)

Baritones: More perverted. Somewhat worse than drumline.

Tubas: Snake gets cocky, then clocks someone during a difficult manuever because he "couldn't see to his left"

Mellophone: Snake wears one pant leg rolled up to be like UMass.

Drum Major: Snake gets to stand on podium, wear snazzy uniform, carry and toss the mace, and do a funky salute. Would conduct if snakes had arms.

Director: Gets stomach ulcer from section leaders not doing job, assistants wanting more money, and the band sucking.

Chair of Music Department: Laughs as money is sucked from colorguard and given to band. Laughs more when that money is taken and given to Choir.

~~~
UMass comment: I've seen them do this! It's weird...

Tubas: marching tubas are held on the left shoulder and pretty much blind the player.

Saxes: Yes! they sound like ducks!

Drumline: the taking the bus for a joyride happened in high school! They took the bus and went to McDonalds for lunch...

...i've been a marching band geek for six years now...yeah...shut up w/ the "one time at band camp" crap. it's old now!

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Spun in colorguard this past season, but from 9th-freshman yr. in college (i'm a sophomore), i played clarinet....which i gave to tess...:p

OP
Q

Quick Sand

Nice. There was no marching band program where I grew up but I played trumpet in the school concert bands and jazz bands from gr. 5 on up. I'm now studying music at university and I'm taking a beginner clarinet class. It's fun but it uses WAY TOO MANY KEYS.

he he he, just kidding. ;)

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by Quick Sand
Nice. There was no marching band program where I grew up but I played trumpet in the school concert bands and jazz bands from gr. 5 on up. I'm now studying music at university and I'm taking a beginner clarinet class. It's fun but it uses WAY TOO MANY KEYS.

he he he, just kidding. ;)

Go ahead and make fun of the keys...I played clarinet from 4th grade till freshman year, and i still don't know what all those keys are for...and there's like 2 or 3 different ways to play several notes, like E flat...:roll eyes:

~~~

Clarinet: Gets fed up with keys. Breaks them off, throws them at annoying people. Or uses them for drill markers. (not being able to be heard still applies)

Flutes: --no change--

~~~

I swear, half the marching band in high school ended up clarinets (6 in marching band...not half...the total # of ppl, including guard was 51...5 or 16 in concert band o_O) and we were still out-numbered by a single freshman trumpet player who played at a conservatory level...o_O

OP
R

RCastillo

I was in band, and my daughter is an Assistant Band Director at a H.S. here. She came out of the "Big Red Raider Band" from Texas Tech University, and I hate Woodwinds.

We'll visit you soon!:boxing:

Have a nice day.............

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by RCastillo
I was in band, and my daughter is an Assistant Band Director at a H.S. here. She came out of the "Big Red Raider Band" from Texas Tech University, and I hate Woodwinds.

We'll visit you soon!:boxing:

Have a nice day.............

well, i'm not a woodwind anymore, so neener!

c'mon! the ram band'll take you anyday!

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can go anywhere in the world and the Band kids are still geeks.

CHOIR RULES!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by Technopunk

CHOIR RULES!

i agree, we will always be geeks, no matter where we are...

...choir doesn't rule! i'm sure some of the piccolos can hit notes your sopranos can't!

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Technopunk

CHOIR RULES!

You've just moved up on my Do-Do list!

Choir? That's even worse!:rolleyes:

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ahems... I played Clarinet and Sax for years in the marching band.. also was in the Drum and Bugle Corps, played French horn.. I was totally ecstatic when Rusty gave me her clarinet..(mine was sold by my sister*whom I no longer speak to*.. I hadn't played in ohhhh maybe *looks off into the distance* 27 years ... and I still had it~!! Downloaded a bunch of clarinet music, and am very pleased I never forgot how to play :) Me a Geek?? HaaaHaaa~!

OP
T

TheRustyOne

Originally posted by KenpoTess
Me a Geek?? HaaaHaaa~!

You? Never! ;)

Yes, the options were give Tess the clarinet or chuck the dang thing off the roof of the music building and laugh as it shattered on the pavement... that thing has gone through three mouthpeices and a whole lotta crap...

in concert band, i ventured into the realm of bass clarinet...the fingering on clarinets are tight...they're so far apart on bass!

OP
T

TonyM.

NO! CHOIRS DON'T RULE!
There's always that one kid that couldn't find the key if it was his **** and he used two hands.

someguy

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Choirs are alright. After all the musically challanged have to go some where right......j/k...kind of

OP
E

edhead2000

Hilarious list! Having been in marching band for 5 years, I can totally vouch for all of those! Oh yeah, I played trumpet, which technically means that I'm God and know everything.......because that's how we trumpet players are. :) Ego, what ego??

Erin

OP
T

TheRustyOne

*gets shiny pin with which to pop ego*

oh yeah! the trumpets are pretty egotistical, eh? darn those who one can overpower the rest of the band with one note *shakes fist*

OP
E

edhead2000

Originally posted by TheRustyOne
*gets shiny pin with which to pop ego*

ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love shiny things. Can I have one? Pretty please? oooohhhh, shiny! yay!

It's not our fault we're such good players......hehehe. But most of us are nice, well, at least I'm nice!

Erin

OP
E

edhead2000

Originally posted by Chronuss
::stands back in fear of lightning.....::

Lightning? There's no storm outside.......It's perfectly clear and beautiful and frigid. But no lightning. Although maybe God will strike you down with his wrath if you want lightning. I'll go ask him. :)

Erin

Latest Discussions