Lows and Highs in training.

J

J-kid

I go through Highs and Lows in training where for weeks i can t get a submission and then i am able to for a wal and then go back to a low.

Any one else having this problem.
:idunno: :lookie: :(

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:confused:
I'm afraid your problem is with the students that you are with. Every one needs to leave there ego at the door and grapple with the intent of offering very little resistance. This is the only way you can get a feel for what the art needs to feel like. If nobody lets you do the techs on them in sparing you will never learn to put these moves on ever! Tell your instructor to run the class this way and if he doesn't you are in the wrong school.

OP
J

Jill666

Speaking for myself, I hit peaks & valleys also in training. Some days it all flows. Some days I don't get $h!t. Most days are in between.

But overall, I do go through periods when things don't seem to fall right. Usually that means I'm missing something, and one day I get the picture and put things together in a new way. It's called learning, and it sucks sometimes. The trick is to have patience, and listen to what I am being taught. Sometimes I'll say "I'm not getting this- can you expain it differently" and that works.

(That's one thing I like about these forums- you get info from different points of view, or worded in a way that causes you to look again.)

You may want to slow down, and look at your basics- alignment, balance, distancing, etc. Usually it's something like that if you are having pervasive problems-

Your uke should let you get the work done to feel it, to see what works in your body as you are sucessful, but then you gotta step it up. But let your uke know if you're having trouble in an area. Sometimes they can see what dumbass thing you are doing that you can't see. It's happened to me! :rolleyes:

Hang in there- I bet we've all felt this.

Or maybe we're both just morons. :boing2:

OP
J

J-kid

Well sometimes i can get a submission on anyone and my game seems to be getting real good then i seem to hit a slow down then i get better then i was before.

Its weird how this works, i believe it might be my brain trying to upload all my news skills.

OP
E

Eggman

I sure know that feeling. Right now im getting ready to test for my first black, and let me say that i must be on of the highs. Hope it lasts for another week. After that, i hope to keep them up for a while.

OP
J

J-kid

Well i think we all go threw are highs and lows but one thing i do know is that when you have highs they keep getting higher and your lows not so low.

Basically because your skill level keeps going up.:D