Loren W. Christensen

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know this person? Trained with him etc. I have seen him in a video on self defense and he seems pretty good. What's his story etc. Thanks.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Christensen is a retired Portland, OR police officer. He has a mixed background, including karate and modern arnis. He has written a number of books on topics ranging from nutrition to officer survival. I enjoy his writing style, and while I do not agree with everything he has to say, I have never regretted the purchase of one of his books.
Dan Anderson, who is a member here, speaks highly of him, and he recently joined martial talk himself.
Hope this helps.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is a member here at MT. I'm sure that you could email or PM him .

Mike

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
MJS said:
He is a member here at MT. I'm sure that you could email or PM him .

Mike

Yup.

He seems like a pretty stand-up guy to me, which is what I consider most important. He is a good writer and he does have a lot of martial arts experience as well as real world experience. I would recommend any of his books.

Yours,

Paul

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone seen his batton video. Trying to decide between loren, mccann, and wordens dvd's. If you know a better vid covering the use of the Asp baton let me know.

thanks,

digitalronin

Green Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone seen his batton video. Trying to decide between loren, mccann, and wordens dvd's. If you know a better vid covering the use of the Asp baton let me know.

thanks,

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I believe he posts on this board...oddly enough, with the user name of Loren W. Christensen...

I'm sure you could PM him to get whatever questions you wanted answered...

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
bignick said:
I believe he posts on this board...oddly enough, with the user name of Loren W. Christensen...

Is that Loren with a L?
Todd

OP
Danjo

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:

Thanks for the help guys. I PM'd him yesterday and got a reply back. Nice guy. I went out last night and bought the Fighter's Fact Book and am enjoying it greatly.

O

OC Kid

Not 100% sure but I think Super Dan Anderson who also post here was a student of his.

O

OC Kid

Yea when you had hair huh??? Hey Dan, a bud of mine came down from John day to visit me. guess what, he brought to show me , not give me (grrrr) a way of the warrior T shirt from a tournament that Fred King held..... Man I feel old.....

Latest Discussions