Looking for instructor in atlanta

knight2000

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I am looking for an instructor in the Atlanta area. any help would be appreciated.

Emptyhand

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Your question as it is written sounds like you are looking for a specific instructor? If that is not the case, the paragraph below might help you out.

I am not from Atlanta, however, if you are looking for an American Kenpo school in Atlanta you might want to use the "search" function on this site to see if any past threads might reference Atlanta schools. If not, perhaps a search on the internet might yield some prospects for you.

Hope you are able to find something that will help.

Emptyhand

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I couldn't resist, so here is an entry I cu and pasted that found on a MartialTalk thread using the "search" function: If you can't find something close to you, perhaps a call to one of the many telephone numbers listed might further assist you. Good luck.

Re: American Kenpo Schools in Georgia
School Name:Robert Ray Kenpo Karate Address:2164 Fountain Square
Snellville, GA 30078-3196 Phone:770-979-6900 Head Instructor / Rank:Robert Ray, 6th Deg. Black Belt Style:Ed Parker's American Kenpo Associations:IKKA, CKF, US Martial Arts Assoc. Description:Mr. Ray teaches the complete Ed Parker Kenpo curriculum, as it was being taught at the time of Mr. Parker's death in 1990. We are the only professional school in Metro Atlanta under the Richard "Huk" Planas / Lee Wedlake (8th Degree) lineage. Originally trained in Tae Kwon Do (1972-79), Mr. Ray has 27 years experience in Martial Arts, including extensive tournament experience and training in both the Tracy Kenpo system and Ed Parker Kenpo.Website:Robert Ray Kenpo Karate

School Name:Thousand Dragon's Kenpo Address:
121 Jeanine Way Augusta, GA 30909 Phone:706-667-8542 Head Instructor / Rank:Kenny Gonzalez, 1st Deg. Black Belt Style:Ed Parker's American Kenpo Associations:CKF Description:A direct student of Mr. Lee Wedlake, Jr.

School Name:American Kenpo Karate of Georgia Address:995 Hawthorne Ave. Athens, GA 30606 Phone:706-546-8851 Head Instructor / Rank:Tim Kinney Style:Ed Parker's American Kenpo Associations:AKTS Email Address:Mr. Kinney

School Name:Keith Mathews Kenpo Karate Address:7850 Cumming Hwy, Suite 300 Canton, GA 30115 Phone:678-493-3810 Head Instructor / Rank:Keith Mathews Style:Ed Parker's American Kenpo, American sport Karate Description:A "different" approach to Karate.Website:Keith Mathews Karate

School Name:Tracy's Kenpo Karate Address:pO Box 2111
Mableton, GA 30126 Phone:404-456-0015 Head Instructor / Rank:pedro Bennett Style:Tracy's Kenpo Associations:Tracy's Karate Description:Serving Metro Atlanta Website:Mr. Bennett's School

School Name:Jade Tiger's School of Self-Defense Address:153 S. Liberty St.Waynesboro, GA 30830 Phone:706-799-4604 Head Instructor / Rank:Tyrone L. Tablada Style:Ed Parker's American Kenpo, Chinese Kenpo, Escrima, Jui-Jitsu, Chuan Fa Associations:North Carolina Kenpo Alliance, BKF, Chinese Kenpo Association Description:We offer authentic self-defense training based on 23 years of Martial Arts Experience and 10 years of Military Service. We foster a family environment based on hard work and discipline. We are located in The Body Right Fitness Center and offer 3000 sq. ft. to train in. E-Mail:Mr. Tablada Website:Jade Tiger's Website

School Name:Willow Way Kenpo Address:409 Bourne St.
Smyrna, GA or 4486 Calumet Dr. Kennesaw, GA Phone:404-975-8301 Head Instructor / Rank:Bart Mitcham Style:Tracy's Kenpo Associations:Tracy's Karate

School Name:Eastern Kenpo Karate Society Address:
P.O. Box 38 Milledgeville, GA 31061 Phone:912-452-5883 Head Instructor / Rank:Brint Berry, 6th Deg. Black Belt Style:Ed Parker's American Kenpo Associations:UKKA, AKKS, UKKF, IKKI, WKKA

School Name:American Kenpo Karate Productions, Inc.Address:
2241 Idlewood Rd. Tucker, GA 30084 Phone:770-493-8970 Head Instructor / Rank:Robert Quinn, 4th Deg. Kenpo / 5th Deg. Arnis Style:Ed Parker's American Kenpo, Remy Presas' ArnisAssociations:AKKS, IMAF Description:I received my 3rd degree from Master Parker in 1988 and after his passing was promoted to 4th under the WKKA organization. I'm a first generation student of Grandmaster Remy Presas and presently hold the highest rank in the southeast in Mr.Presas's organization.

School Name:Jim Thompson's Kenpo Camp Address:4413 Buchanan Hwy.
Dallas, GA 30132 Head Instructor / Rank:Jim Thompson Style:Ed Parker's American Kenpo Associations:AKKS

School Name:Octagon Self Defense Address:1385 Highland Ridge Rd.
Smyrna, GA 30082 Phone Number:770-402-2394 Head Instructor / Rank:Tony Niebank

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Some of the above school information is way out of date. However; for Ed Parker American Kenpo instruction, I highly recommend Keith Mathews. His school is a little N. of Atlanta.

Teej

Atlanta-Kenpo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to HOTLANTA!!!

There are only 3 places you can learn EPAK in Atlanta. Kevin Killroe (teaches privately in N Gwinette) Keith Mathews (Has a school in Canton 40min North of Atlanta) and myself (I teach a small group every week and live just off of 400N exit 6 in Dunwoody/Atlanta). I can put you into contact with any of us. Myself and Kevin trained under Lee Wedlake and for the past 2+ year we have been training under Zach Whiston (Basically the Planas line). We all have 10+ years of experience of EPAK so which ever is the best location for you I would recommend) I do know that Keith is still under Mr Wedlake and speaking of which he will be here in late Aug. Please feel free to shoot me a e-mail anytime.

[email protected]

Best whishes on your quest.

Cholula

White Belt
Reaction score
I just registered on this forum web page, and I couldn't figure out how to start my own "thread". I did see the, "Looking for Instructor in Atlanta" though. I am not looking for an instructor in Atlanta, but I may be moving to Boston in the next few months. Does anyone know of good Kenpo schools and instructors there?

Latest Discussions