Looking for an artist

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am looking for some who has artistc talent on the computer. I want to change my personal logo. I want to keep some parts of the original but I want to change other parts.

I want to keep the tiger & dragon, and the oval shape. I also want to keep the Universal symbol bit I want it to be gray to signify the gray matte that makes all tick. But I want to get rid of the person in the center. I want to have the Yin Yang symbol put into the background behind the universal symbol. I also want the hand over fist that is very prevailent win the kenpo world to be over laid on the Universal symbol. I also want color. I would like to be able to find white, yellow, orange purple, blue, green, brown & black in the logo. I know where some of the colors will tie in, the white & Black in teh yin Yang, orange for the tiger, green for the dragon,, the yellow, purple and blue, I am uncertain of.

If anyone has the ability to create what I envision let me know and we can negotiate a fair price.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm looking for an artist also.

I would like a picture of a green dragon fighting with a black dragon. This picture is just for me and has personal significance. I'd like to hang it on my wall and I will be willing to pay for the labor of drawing/painting/computer work.

Thank you,

- Ceicei

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Seraphim Visual Communications

Robin did the logo for the company I am TRYING to start up. She has done Logo's and design work for many companys, including Target, Rustoleum, Mk Ultra, Hard Hittin Records...

Dunno how expensive she is... Mine was a freebie!

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I will e-mail this thread to Kip Parker he is an artist and one heck of a kenpo practitioner.

V/R
Rick

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've forwarded this thread to the artist who did our logo. She does alot with dragons.

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was really hoping we had an up and coming artist here on MT. Commercial artists tend to charge more than I can afford. I once had to the ablity to do most of what I wanted but as Windows grew to be bigger and better their paint programs seemed to be getting worse

OP
Rob Broad

Rob Broad

Master of Arts
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
From what I have been told the work I want done should be very simple for someone who is very good with Paint and other such products.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
I've forwarded this thread to the artist who did our logo. She does alot with dragons.

Thank you. I like the design of your dragon on your logo.

As I mentioned, I am looking for two dragons fighting. It is important that the color of one be green and the other be black/gray. the battle should be relatively equal or at least the green one should look like it might be winning.

Thank you,

- Ceicei

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei - Wester or Oriental dragons? or a mix of both? :)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Ceicei - Wester or Oriental dragons? or a mix of both? :)

I know Oriental dragons are recognized by the number of their toes (three, four, or five) and generally have beautiful colors. The Western ones (that I've seen) often don't have scales and are more reptilian.

I do have a preference for oriental dragons--number of toes related to their origin doesn't matter to me. If I have to pick toes, then the green dragon would be Japanese/Okinawan. Wings are a nice touch, but not required. What is important is their fight and their respective overall colors (black vs. green).

- Ceicei

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rob Broad said:
I am looking for some who has artistc talent.
Then of course, if you want a really good job.....
contact Kenpo Tess!!

She would be my choice.....:)

Attachments

• $fightstancetess.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 196

kanjc

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Do you have a larger copy of this you could e-mail me, I can try to do something with it if you'd like but the currenbt pic on here is rather difficult to work with.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
kanjc said:
Do you have a larger copy of this you could e-mail me, I can try to do something with it if you'd like but the currenbt pic on here is rather difficult to work with.
The alternative is to right click on the picture and save it to your harddrive, then re-sizing with your photo/picture software. It may lose some resolution, but this should work better in giving you an idea of what can be done with his logo.

- Ceicei

kanjc

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
The alternative is to right click on the picture and save it to your harddrive, then re-sizing with your photo/picture software. It may lose some resolution, but this should work better in giving you an idea of what can be done with his logo.

- Ceicei
I did save it that way, when chaged the picture properties it did lose a great deal of detail, so instead of modifying it I started redrawing it in PSP and another version in Bryce 5 (3D software), I could do it in a number of different programs (3D studio Max,TrueSpace,Maya,Cool3D,etc...) But since I am just playing I opted for the 2 easiest programs to use....

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Any other suggestions of good dragon illustrators out there? Thank you.

I had one person ask me what the purpose of my search for an illustrator. The picture of two dragons fighting (green dragon and black dragon) is a symbol of my personal struggle, and reminds me of my journey. It is to be hung upon my wall. I acknowledge for a good picture, this will take some $$.

- Ceicei

Latest Discussions