Looking for 7Star-Mantis student

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Praying-Mantis
I think we don't learn Sao bot Sao

I may have murdered the spelling of it, but it translates to 18 Elders. I would be surprised to hear that you dont learn it, as its one that is in most mantis schools in the world I believe.
My Sifu said that while at the temple, Wong Long took the best techniques of his highest skilled "brothers" and put them into one form, thus calling it 18 Elders.

Its a really cool form, with an abundance of applications. I learn a new one everytime I play it almost.

7sm

Tony

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Though I do not practice Praying Mantis we do practice some if its techniques and there is a Mantis form in our Style! I practice Shaolin Long fist or you could check out our website www.aftma.org.uk.

OP
G

GermanMantis

7starmantis said:
I may have murdered the spelling of it, but it translates to 18 Elders. I would be surprised to hear that you dont learn it, as its one that is in most mantis schools in the world I believe.
My Sifu said that while at the temple, Wong Long took the best techniques of his highest skilled "brothers" and put them into one form, thus calling it 18 Elders.

Its a really cool form, with an abundance of applications. I learn a new one everytime I play it almost.

7sm
Hi 7starmantis,

no it is Sap Pa Sao Kuen and it's also learn here in germany. By the way are you from Fort Worth?
Greetings
GM

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
GermanMantis said:
Hi 7starmantis,

no it is Sap Pa Sao Kuen and it's also learn here in germany. By the way are you from Fort Worth?
Greetings
GM
Yeah, the differences in pronounciation never cease to amaze me. Its an awesome form.

No, I'm not from Ft Worth but from Tyler, about 1/12 hours east of Dallas/Ft Worth.

Latest Discussions