long island

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I will be in long island this friday evening (tomorrow) and saturday morning. If anyone would like to meet and train let me know. PM or email me and i will give you my cell #

Marlon

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I will be in long island this friday evening (tomorrow) and saturday morning. If anyone would like to meet and train let me know. PM or email me and i will give you my cell #

Marlon

now if you came to NEW Jersey,:ultracool

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Leave early and swing by north of Boston...I'll make the time...LOL....Have a great weekend

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You know, i have a great teacher. Once i was speaking to him about one of his students asking questions online. His response was that it was a good development. That unlike myself this individual knew no other teacher since as of the age of 5 he had been training with Shihan, and it was good and normal that he explore others with knowledge. Myself, i have had many teachers and different styles and the minor perchant i have for seeking answers from many different sources. I have been privilegded to have learned quite a bit from many different sources. I question almost incessantly and take little at face value. Shihan Ingargiola is amazing. His knowledge, skill, training ethic, integrity desire to share his knowledge and openness to other ideas and learning, is, to say the least, very rare. He never discurages anyone from seeking knowledge other than his...in fact he encourages it. Through all my searching, this man i admire and respect beyond what i thought possible as a martial artist, teacher and role model....so i guess i am saying the week end went well :)

marlon

OP
marlon

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Marlon,
what did you guys go over?

we went through most of my material and the technical aspects of how to make things work, he showed me a few new combinations, and we went over power generation expanding and regular. we discussed foot work, flow and follow up strikes and of course stances and he gave me some thigns to work on to help me improve. He took the time to discuss teaching with me to see how my school was doing and gave me some advice on teaching. Also, we went over various trainign routines set some goals and discussed ways of accomplishing things. We started to get into the kajukenbo forms but ran out of time. We did not get too much into the weapons forms but there was already sooo much covered...he asked me about how my marriage was going and my children. He asked about of few of my students he has met. We talked about life money character and values. We covered quite a bit. And i got knocked. around for good measure, you know some of the beauty in kempo is that you get hit out of no where, even when you know the technique... i am still a bit sore too... :)

respectfully,
Marlon

Latest Discussions