Lock Ins

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Does your TKD school have lock in for the student and if so what do you charge and how is it organized?
What is the main objective for your lockins?
Terry

tkd_jen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
We have a lockin the day after Thanksgiving. It was started as a benefit for the parents who wanted to go Christmas shopping on 'Black Friday,' plus it is kind of a fun thing for the kids since they have school vacation and they get to spend the night at the gym. They can bring friends, we have TV's, DVD's, playstations (E rated games only) etc. We have pizza and snacks. They have to sign up before hand and prepay. I can't remember the price, but we just had a pool party at the Holiday Inn with pizza and ice cream and that was $15/kid. The adult students help chaperone. It is a blast!!

The main objective is for the kids to have fun and in the case of the Thanksgiving lockin to give the parents a safe place for the kids to go have fun while they do some shopping or whatever.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Never been apart of one. My son used to take lessons from one of my good friends and they used to do it semi-annually.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've not been a part of a lock- in yet, but my instructor is planning one for the near future, and asked me if I wanted to help. I said sure! It should be interesting!

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My buddies in college & I did 'em every weekend @ his house. We'd stay up all night eating bad pizza & generic soda watching really bad MA movies (It was the 80's, after all). Then, on zero sleep & all jacked up of caffeine, we'd go to sparring class on Saturday morning. We had a blast, but I couldn't do it today.

I can't really reccommend it, tho.:uhyeah: