Live in north east Houston looking for a good school

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
I stop practicing Martial Arts in 1985. I am retired now and have time to work on a Martial Art.
If you live in the Houston area please tell about your school.
My back ground is Moo Duk Kwan Taekwondo , Kung Fu long fist and some Alkido
I am open to any form of Martial Arts, but not being a large man I don't like being on the floor.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I stop practicing Martial Arts in 1985. I am retired now and have time to work on a Martial Art.
If you live in the Houston area please tell about your school.
My back ground is Moo Duk Kwan Taekwondo , Kung Fu long fist and some Alkido
I am open to any form of Martial Arts, but not being a large man I don't like being on the floor.

Interesting.

Do you believe that being smaller would give you a disadvantage fighting with taking someone down, and or fighting on the ground?

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, it has been my experience fighting on the ground gives a large advantage to the larger stronger man if he has any skill.
While fight on the ground is a very important skill to know. I am in my 60's I don't plan to do any fighting. I just want to mainly do forms.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, it has been my experience fighting on the ground gives a large advantage to the larger stronger man if he has any skill.
While fight on the ground is a very important skill to know. I am in my 60's I don't plan to do any fighting. I just want to mainly do forms.

Well, having been choked and joint locked by peoppmm half my size for the better part of my Bjj career, I respectfuonly disagree

With that ssid,you should probably look for a Tai Chi school, or some other internal martial art.

OP
B

Bruce7

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well, having been choked and joint locked by peoppmm half my size for the better part of my Bjj career, I respectfuonly disagree

With that ssid,you should probably look for a Tai Chi school, or some other internal martial art.
thank you.

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LoL, man I dont know what happened with that earlier post. I know it was early, but yikes at misspelling all of those words! :oops: