Liang Style Baguazhang

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Liang Style Baguazhang

Liang Style Baguazhang is the style of Baguazhang descended from Liang Zhenpu, the youngest disciple of Baguazhang's founder, Dong Haichuan. In general, most lineages of Liang style descend from either Guo Gumin or Li Ziming

In general, Liang style appears somewhat similar to both Yin and Cheng styles; most Liang style practitioners are concentrated in Beijing.
As its technical basis, Liang style Baguazhang has the "Eight Mother Palms" (Ding Shi Ba Zhang) and the "Eight Changing Palms" (Ba Da Zhang aka Lao Ba Zhang), from which more complicated linking forms are derived like the "Dragon Form" (Long Xing Zhang), "64 Linear Palms" (Liushisi Shou Zhang), "Swimming Body Chain Linking Form" (You Shen Lian Huan Zhang), "Eight Directions Palms" (Ba Mian Zhang) and "Nine Palace Bagua Palms". Liang style is also known for its large array of weapons: Big Broadsword, Straight Sword, Spear, Rooster Knives, Chicken Claw Knives, Mandarin Duck Knives, Crescent Moon Knives (aka Deer Horn Knives), Kun Lun Fan, Yin Yang Pen Brush, Steel "Yo-Yo" Meteors, Seven Star Rod, Wind and Fire Rings.

Master Zhang Quan Liang is 3rd generation inheritor of Liang style Bagua Palm

Liang Style Bagua Boxing: Old 8 Palm

Liang Style Bagua Broadsword

Liang-style Eight Diagrams Palm Boxing-64 straight palms

Last edited by a moderator:

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
My favorite bagua style. I practice the mother palm set. Liang I think is
Much more relax and softer then other bagua styles. If you watch
The video the circle walking does not have a gait like gao or cheng it uses a more
Natural stepping at least in the mother palm set.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Way back when I trained with my first sifu I may have trained Liang...or it may have been Jiang...I do not know. I know I did Yin 8 palm but the other, I do not know for sure.

But I will admit here, and keep this between you and me ;) I like Liang too

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
"Liang Style Baguazhang is the style of Baguazhang descended from Liang Zhenpu, the youngest disciple of Baguazhang's founder, Dong Haichuan. In general, most lineages of Liang style descend from either Guo Gumin or Li Ziming "

My first sifu studied under the Li Ziming lineage. Whenever he would say the name, I always mentally converted it into the "Lazy Ming style of Bagua."