Reaction score
Works well for me John!
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Bammx2

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
but you know some ambulance chasing attorney and bleeding heart human rights group is gonna all over them like white on rice.

But I say.....ROOHAA!
Good on'em!

I am suprised he only got a broken wrist though....my liver would have been broken after that!

Black Grass

Green Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Bammx2 said:
but you know some ambulance chasing attorney and bleeding heart human rights group is gonna all over them like white on rice.

That was in Toronto, Canada, not a lot of crazy civil suits here. But we do have a lot of bleeding hearts.

Vince
aka Black Grass

Brad Dunne

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Lucky it was in Canada, if it was here in the states there would be a lottery for lawyers to see who got the case. It was to say am interesting use of a crusier, but it could have turned out just as bad as shooting the guy. They were fortunate.

I guess nobody knows how to use a baton anymore or mabey they just won't let them use it. Either way, it's a shame. Some of the old timers (cops), could do some pretty nice things with their night sticks...............

OP
J

John J

Green Belt
Reaction score
From what I understand, the type of weapon deployment is based on threat level. In this case, tactical batons or pr-24's are not an option because they are trained to always be one step ahead of the game.

If the guy was unarmed, drugged out and simply uncontrollable then batons would come into play.

John J
www.swacom

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you are legally justified to use deadly force, you could drop a nuke on him....by the letter of the law the weapon used (as long as legally possessed) doesnt matter.

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Taser! Taser!!

Seriously, as Tgace notes, once deadly force is called for the method is irrelevant. (Also note that cars come with supressors.)

(the innoncent are free to ignore the off-topic innuendo)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I believe they are technically called mufflers....wouldnt want to look like a poser.. ;)

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
And you know, I got funny looks in driver training monday when I commented on one scenario (drive down long line of cones to simulate alley, stop short of cone in alley, reverse to get away when "gunman" engages you) that the last thing I was going to do was back away down a narrow alley. Even funnier looks for flattening the "agressive" cone.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
Taser! Taser!!

Seriously, as Tgace notes, once deadly force is called for the method is irrelevant. (Also note that cars come with supressors.)

Damn...you guys beat me to it! Hey, if only the Canadian cops had one of those long range tazers like I carry for security work, they could have engaged the knife assailent from the rooftop...:rofl:

And you know, I got funny looks in driver training monday when I commented on one scenario (drive down long line of cones to simulate alley, stop short of cone in alley, reverse to get away when "gunman" engages you) that the last thing I was going to do was back away down a narrow alley. Even funnier looks for flattening the "agressive" cone.

You should have cuffed the cone and read it miranda rights to solicite even funnier looks... :ultracool

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
Taser! Taser!!

Yes a Taser would have been good in that situation.

As to the Supressor or Muffler, I believe that vehicle had Dual Suppression Systems to allow for equal flow of the exhaust gas through the vent or valve in this case. This allows for a better breathing weapon, it will generate more power.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Yes a Taser would have been good in that situation.

As to the Supressor or Muffler, I believe that vehicle had Dual Suppression Systems to allow for equal flow of the exhaust gas through the vent or valve in this case. This allows for a better breathing weapon, it will generate more power.

[SIZE=-4]Look at me...I'm an Engineer...blah blah blah...[/SIZE]OH...huh? who said that! ;) :roflmao:

JPR

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tulisan said:
[size=-4]Look at me...I'm an Engineer...blah blah blah...[/size]OH...huh? who said that! ;) :roflmao:
Hey! Be nice to engineers. We make all of the toys you like. If you persist in this behavior we will take out our old slide rules and whack you about the head and shoulders until you learn better (and since we train FMA we can whack you with style and flourishes).

Now sit quietly and let Rich tell you about the superiority of dual versus single exhaust. If you move, squirm, or even look like you are going to he'll pull out charts and graphs and then you'll be in for it...

JPR (electronics engineer)

dearnis.com

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You should have cuffed the cone and read it miranda rights to solicite even funnier looks...

They worry about me enough as it is. Maybe I shouldn't have asked my sergeant if I had to wear pants to a special detail Saturday......

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I had seen that video in the news the next day. That was, quite simply, a splendid piece of driving. I cheered when I saw it the first time.

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
dearnis.com said:
They worry about me enough as it is. Maybe I shouldn't have asked my sergeant if I had to wear pants to a special detail Saturday......

Better to know for sure, then to just show up without pants, as I have done on occasion. :ultracool

Latest Discussions