FMAT: Are you happy in disarming

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
Are you happy in disarming
By GrandTuhon Leo T Gaje Jr - Sun, 02 Sep 2007 02:27:13 GMT
Originally Posted at: FMATalk

====================

For more than 40 years not counting before the 40th year, how many Filipino escrimadors and Arnisadors mastered the art of disarming.It is found in Luzon, in Visayas and in Mindanao. It is found in the barrios and even in the cities. First disarming is very impressive in teaching and in demonstraiton. It is the art of grabbing the stick or cliping the stick under the armpit and execute the twist to disarm and continue some kind of kicking and punching to the body or to the head.

Disarming is a very common practice that is done by Masters and even the student instructors. Disarming is also use in full contact tournament. It is quite interesting to note that the popularity of disarming is also found in Japanese art and other arts.It is either the Japanese learned disarming from the Filipinos or Filipinos learned from the Japanese.

How do we appreciate disarming. Disarming can be excitable if the execution of the techniques is done fast and the stick flies. Then there is a follow up of a kick or punches or elbow techniques. The most exciting is when the bolo is about to be disarmed and the hand is cut.

The disarming expert have so many obsessions. One, is how can he disarm the double edged blade with his two hands because of 5 years in Karate. How can he disarm a double edged knife about 7 inches in length.

How can a disarming expert approach the man who run amok with two knives in his hand. As a disarming expert he has all the abilities to subdue the knife handler.

At what distance the disarming technique can be used against two ginuntings.?

Am I happy with my disarming techiques ? Or I am very happy because I lost my arms.

Read More...

------------------------------------
FMATalk.com Post Bot - FMA Feed